Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quick, simple gift wrap...

If you are anything like me (little bit of a procrastinator - oops, did I admit that?) or you just don't have enough time in the day, then you probably still have gifts to wrap for Christmas! Don't spend money on those expensive gift wraps and tags from the store...use up your stash! (God knows I have enough to last me a lifetime!)

Here I've decorated a box with black cardstock as the base. I cut a piece of Pink Paislee's Mistletoe North Pole paper to wrap around the center, tied a ribbon around it in a knot and added a Mistletoe brad to the center with a glue dot. Then I just cut a piece of the Mistletoe borderline sticker to add to the patterned paper.

I love how popular "banners" are these days, so I thought....how about a little banner to adorn my gift? I applied 3 of the tree rub ons from the Mistletoe Press Ons to white cardstock, cut them out, punched a hole in each one and strung them onto twine.

I always have fun making packages look special...something about the wrap that makes the gift that much more exciting!

And just a quick page that I made for the Dream Street blog with their Merry and Bright line of papers, chipboard letters, rub ons and chipboard. My older daughter is always trying to steal a kiss when the younger one isn't expecting it, like here when we were taking some holiday pictures! I journaled on the back of the snowflake tag (which is from Target... love that store). I added a red chipboard piece from the Merry and Bright collection to the center.

Well, I've been shopping, wrapping and mailing, and writing out photo cards like crazy. Next is baking, the girls and I are going to do some sugar cookies and such. Also working on some things for the Craft and Hobby show, can't wait to show you!! Busy, busy time of year!

12 comments:

Tracy said...

love this idea. thanks for sharing. :)

Suzy Girl said...

Wow Danielle....you are just amazing! The package is so cute.

Ibolya said...

I also love the package, this is a good idee....
Love the lo.

Michelle said...

You are soo creative....as always!

Lea L. said...

These are beautiful Danielle! Love them!

♥Lea

Andrea Amu said...

Really nice, Dani! Love the idea of making a mini banner for gift wrap!

Elizabeth said...

I really like this! Although all of my wrapping is finished, I am going to give this a try next year! :)

Happy rest of the week!
e.

journalist said...

beautiful collection.!

Melonie said...

Love your package and LO Dani!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and elegant gift box!! Someone will be lucky to get that for Christmas! Beautiful Lo Too!!!! Take the time to be good to yourself this holiday season :-)

Kay said...

Such a lovely package and a fabulous idea! If I were the recipient I wouldn't want to open it, it's just too pretty! ;o) Your girls are so sweet. How lucky that you caught that moment! Love the Target snowflake tag on this wonderful layout! ♥♥ Kay

Anonymous said...

Greetings i am fresh on here, I hit upon this forum I have found It very useful & it has helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute & aid other people like its helped me.

Thank You, See Ya About.