Garden Variety mini album, my Teach & Inspire mini album, the Strawberry Patch basket, my Desktop File project, etc. BUT having said that, I think for today's post I am going to choose SIX CARDS to inspire you. The reason being that I already shared a lot of those other big projects as my favorites last year, and I want to share something different for today's post!
Here we go, SIX of my favorite cards!
1. This first card from May 2012 is made with Rosie Posie, one of my very favorite sets by Papertrey Ink! I also used a Doily Details die. Loving this combination! The Doily Details really is a great backdrop for any die and has great layering potential. Here is the post that tells more about how I made this card: Rosie Posie revisited.
2. Next I have some "berry sweet" invites that I made for my daughter's 7th birthday in June 2012. LOVE that she wanted a strawberry party after she saw these cute stamps and dies arrive at our doorstep! (Strawberry Patch and Strawberry Patch Sentiments!) These were so easy to make and everyone loved them!
HERE is my post from her party. And HERE is the post about the party favors. We had fun making everything together - felt strawberry rings, strawberry headbands, strawberry pencil toppers and little notebooks, etc. It was wonderful to get her involved in making her own party favors.
3. This XOXO card makes me smile. I love how the colors just pop out against the gray cardstock and the gradient of color. You can never have too much color. I used the XO Border die with strips of Papertrey Ink cardstock to create the colorful border! You can read more about this card and the technique HERE.
Of course I had to add a die cut word from Wonderful Words, another one of my favorites!
4. The "I'm Here for You" card was made with Beautiful Blessings and Think Big Favorites #4. I took 2 pieces of patterned paper and stitched them together to form a flat pocket for a tag to slide into. Love how the felt adds softness and a comforting feel. Such a great set for sympathy and thinking of you cards.
5. This was one of the first cards I made after joining the team. I love how it turned out! It also began my love of Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores and Pure Poppy together!
Dies are the Doily Details die collection. HERE is my post explaining more about this card. I love the tone-on-tone effect you get with Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores!!
6. Last but not least, a more recent card made in June of 2012. Hmmm. I am seeing a trend here. Many of my favorite cards were made in the spring/summer! I think my happiness and creativity really come alive when spring arrives. I used Background Basics: Rainbows in different colors and We Go Together sentiment, along with a cloud die and a heart die from Tiny Tags!
HERE is my post about this card!
I have been with Papertrey Ink for exactly 2 years now, since February 2011. Being on this team has really helped me grow as a designer and pushed me in creative ways I never thought possible. Each month I am still so excited to see what's new. To me, Papertrey Ink really drives the trends in the paper crafting industry - the trendy, elegant stamp designs are one of a kind that you just don't see in other companies. I have truly loved getting to know the girls on the team, between the phone calls with Dawn and emails with Melissa and Jessica and the other team members! Jessica and I are always reminding each other of the deadlines and helping each other out, and of course having lots of laughs. She is awesome. The comradery of the team is amazing, and I can tell you that each one of the Papertrey Ink ladies is as genuine as can be. I lift my hat to Nichole as well, she continually amazes me with her talent and devotion.
I hope these cards make you happy and inspire you -- and to Papertrey Ink, may you have many more years of creating products that inspire us all!