Tuesday, December 24, 2013

happy 25...

Well, hello!
Are you all ready for Christmas?


We decided to stay home this year and just have our first Christmas in our new house together here in Colorado. The girls didn't want to travel...they always love staying home and playing with their new things, and we felt like we needed to give them a sense of normalcy with all of the changes they've been through this year.

Yesterday at the last minute, I decided to make my girls a couple of little money holders. I used a kraft petal card from my stash from Paper Source and traced it onto white cardstock to make my own. Think I'll keep one as a template to make lots more. Dressed it up with some Studio Calico things from their Magical line, a Pink Paislee Snow Village tag and a piece of flair - like the cherry on top!

The flair I used is by A Flair For Buttons on Etsy. LOVE these! My tendency is of course to hoard them, but I must share the cuteness. This way, I have an excuse to get more when I run out! See? I'm always thinking!

Here is one more...a little envelope that I found at Michaels, dressed up with a Pink Paislee Snow Village tag and canvas sticker, "happy" die cut from One Liners: Happy dies and another cute piece of flair.

After I inserted the money and a note, I folded the top over, added some twine and stapled it.

It's feeling really good to be able to create whatever I want and have time off from assignments. I feel like the pressure has been lifted a little bit. Ya know? Happy Holidays to you and yours, enjoy your family time!

10 comments:

June K said...

Love your gorgeous packaging, Danielle. Pretty gold! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Shelley Haganman said...

Beautiful projects Danielle! Thanks so much for showcasing my flair in such stunning projects!

Holly Saveur said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Danielle!
hugs Holly.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are wonderful, Danielle! So pretty!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love these. Your photos are always so bright and crisp! What is that green polka dot paper??? I love it.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Danielle. Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects! May the New Year bring you much joy & happiness.

Danielle Flanders said...

Thank you all! Daniela, those are little glassine bags I bought at Michaels (green and the gold dot ones).

Jill Norwood said...

Such pretty gift holders! Love the flair too! Merry Christmas and Happy New a Year! :)

Greta said...

I loved trying your Modern Whimsy style--thank you for leaving me a comment. Love these projects for your girls--bet they were thrilled. Wishing you & your family a wonderful 2014, Danielle!

Daniela Dobson said...

Thank you. I have seen those there.