Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Hearts...

Papertrey Ink has a new stamp set coming out on Dec. 15th called Happy Hearts, and the design team is hosting a little blog hop to show you lots of fun projects with it!

First, I used the new Cover Plate: Hearts to die cut this piece from white cardstock.

Next, I stamped a few of the hearts and placed them back in the cut outs. The card front is backed with white cardstock. A sentiment from the set is stamped in the blank area. 

To make the arrow, I used a new die set called Cupid's Arrow and cut one from chipboard, then inked it with gray ink. Twine is wrapped around it and another heart placed on top! I chose a darker heart to be my focal point.


One Heart is Simply Not Enough card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Happy Hearts
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, True Black, Sweet Blush. Other: Hero Arts Soft Granite
PAPER: white
DIES: Cover Plate: Hearts, Cupid's Arrow
OTHER: twine, chipboard.
______

My next card uses some of the extra hearts that were cut out. I also die cut the LOVE from a new die called Framed Love. 

I folded a piece of vellum and made a pocket.

Then I adhered the Love die cut frame over the top and added heart confetti inside the pocket.

Here's the finished result. 

For the color palette, I was inspired by the Crate Paper decorative pin to use navy and teal with hints of pink and red and gold.






Room in Your Heart card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Happy Hearts
INK: Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores
PAPER: white cardstock, patterned paper by Crate Paper
DIES: Framed Love, Cover Plate: Hearts
OTHER: Heart Punch by Martha Stewart (little confetti hearts), decorative pin by Crate Paper.
______


Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with these products, and I'll be back tomorrow with more sneak peeks!

15 comments:

Connie MacFarlane said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Danielle! Such pretty colour palettes. Love the way you replaced only some of the hearts on the first card and love that cute little vellum pocket you created for the second.

Leigh Penner said...

These are stunning, Danielle! I was thinking I could just get the cover plate, but now I'm wondering if I need the stamp set, too....

Sue said...

Great ideas and color choices!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely, Danielle!!! Love that cover plate!!

Susan Gosman said...

Your hearts make my heart smile!

Grace said...

Loved both cards. The colors and your designs.
Amazing

Kerian said...

Wow, these are great love it all...

Anonymous said...

really lovely cards. it's funny how the smallest thing - like a paper clip - can provide inspiration. thanks

ScrappinGrammie said...

Awesome ... so many clever & creative uses for these stamps & dies. Thanks for sharing ... your cards are beautiful!
Anita J

Loly Borda said...

Both are super Danielle! I love the stamped hearts on the first one, before reading your post I thought it was design paper. Fabulous design!TFS

ScrappinGrammie said...

Beautiful cards ... just love all the hearts.
Anita J

Unknown said...

Crud, crud, crud!! I thought this release was really going to pass me by with nary a thought...Oh, do I have to eat those mindless words! Danielle, these creations are gorgeous. I love the confetti hearts you made. Love!!

Parker said...

All of your samples are great, and if I HAD to pick one, I would pick the cover plate card. I like the arrow on it as an embellishment.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Happy Hearts is a keeper. I love the fun way you have used this new release. Great colors and fun layers with all the projects. Santa's coming to my house!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, these cards are just gorgeous! And I'm not even exaggerating here - wow, just wow! I wish i had all the material you do :D SO cute, love it!

- Laura
livelovescrap.wordpress.com :)