Saturday, December 14, 2013

Love is in the details...

Papertrey Ink has a few new dies coming out on the 15th that we are previewing today! Let's get started, shall we?

First up, I made a little "Love to Read" Book Pillow for my daughter Kati's bed. She loves reading, so I thought this would be a great gift for her for Valentine's Day...a new Junie B. Jones chapter book, complete with coordinating bookmark.
Those of you who don't have little girls...WAIT, don't tune this post out just yet! All you need to do is change the fabrics out for a boy's bed or use more elegant fabrics for a Book Pillow for your mother, friend, teacher or coworker. 

To create the pillow, I used two 8.5 x 11" pink felt pieces and one polka dot felt piece cut in half the long way. Sandwich them together with the polka dot one in the middle. Machine stitch around 3 sides, leaving the top open for stuffing the pillow. Turn it inside out. (Which will actually be right side out.) Stuff with quilt batting. Fold the top edges down and hot glue or stitch them shut. To dress up the pillow front, I die cut a One Liners die and hot glued it onto the pillow. I used hot glue for everything on the font, to attach the pom pom trim, hearts, gem, etc.

Here's the pillow without the book:
The heart is a new die called Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches, which I also used it to make a bookmark with seam binding for the tail. The little flower is made with seam binding also using hot glue and just folding it over, gluing and working my around the flower. I used some of the pom pom trim balls in the center.

The tag is cut with the new Tag Sale #9 die and stamped with the new The Best Is Yet To Be and The Best Is Yet To Be Sentiments stamps and adhered to a glassine bag. I thought the "fairytale" sentiment would go great with the book idea!

Love to Read Book Pillow:
STAMPS: The Best Is Yet To Be, The Best Is Yet To Be Sentiments

INK: Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, True Black
PAPER: white
DIES: Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches, One Liners, Tag Sale #9
OTHER: felt by Creative Cafe, twine by The Twinery, pom pom trim by Melissa Frances, glassine bag from Michael's, seam binding.
----------


This wedding card uses the Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches dies again on the big heart. I used a new stamp set in the background called Solid Stitches and Swirls with Sweet Blush ink. Then I used an older set that coordinates with it over the top (the stitched look) from Stitches and Swirls in Melon Berry ink. Love the pink and melon color combo!
A friend gave me the wide ribbon yesterday when we got together for a little crafty exchange! Over the top of the big heart die, I used a sticker from Crate Paper from their Close Knit Adhesive Layered Embellishments.

And here's a coordinating gift tag with the Tag Sale #9 dies. The little label die is called Stitched Pinked Edge Label. I stamped more of the leaves from the card above and trimmed them out.
Best Wishes card:
STAMPS: Stitches and Swirls, Solid Stitches and Swirls

INK: Sweet Blush, True Black, Melon Berry
PAPER: white
DIES: Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches, Tag Sale #9
OTHER: vellum, white enamel dots, layered sticker by Crate Paper's Close Knit line, ribbon by Ribbon Carousel.


Congratulations Tag:
STAMPS: Stitches and Swirls, Solid Stitches and Swirls

INK: Sweet Blush, True Black, Melon Berry
PAPER: Crate Paper
DIES: Tag Sale #9
OTHER: Maggie Holmes floral embellishment, Crate Paper sticker.
----------


Last is an anniversary card. The arrow is from the new Valentine Stitches dies. 

In the background again, I used the Stitches and Swirls and Solid Stitches and Swirls stamp sets in green and gold...something different, but I like it! The wooden veneer is by Amy Tan. Was going to paint it white, but decided to leave it plain so it shows up a little better against the white backgound. The chipboard is thick, but I stitched right over it with my sewing machine and it worked!!
Best Thing in Life card:
STAMPS: Stitches and Swirls, Solid Stitches and Swirls, Inside and Out: Love

INK: True Black, Spring Moss, New Leaf, gold by Tsukineko
PAPER: white, Classic Kraft
DIES: Valentine Stitches
OTHER:  wood veneer by Amy Tan, gold flower by Maggie Holmes/Crate Paper, enamel dots, lace.
----------


I'll be back tomorrow with a few more :) 
Visit the rest of the PTI team to see more with these new products!

14 comments:

Connie MacFarlane said...

Absolutely beautiful projects today Danielle! Love, love, love that pillow idea, your daughter will love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

Parker said...

I get so honed in to cardmaking that I forget to use stamp sets and dies for other things. I just love how you added hearts to the book pillow.

jintyoo7 said...

So lovely - beautiful embellishing :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! What beautiful projects! Love it all!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Your projects are lovely!!

TLady said...

WONDERFUL PROJECTS!!!!!!!!!!:) I JUST LOVE all the Valentine Goodies out this month!!!!!!!!!!!:)DON'T make me choose just one of your projects!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Birgit said...

Your projects are awesome!! I love the colors! Everything you make is always over the top. Thanks for always inspiring.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful I miss the days of Junie B Jones, now she reads the same books as me but would love this puillow.

Janna Werner said...

Danielle, I always loving coming here,your work is fantastic.
Janna

Aileen said...

Wonderful all of them. Always love what I see here

claudia shadler said...

totally luv the congrats tags, luv the nested hearts! fab! C :)

Kathy H said...

love your book pillow Danielle. What a wonderful gift it would make! Also, I love your anniversary card, the colors are great!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful creations!! The Book Pillow is such a great idea!! I may have to make one or two of those!! Thanks for always inspiring!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such unique ideas. This has been a fun release. I've almost forgot about Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration.