Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cards With Dimension: an online class...

After several months of hard work and patiently waiting for the final result, I'm finally able to reveal something that I worked on feverishly last fall...an online class with Craftsy.com! It's here, it's here! We'll be creating standout cards that are beautifully layered, textured and embellished. I'll offer you tips and tricks to achieve that elegant, professional look to your cards!

(Fancy title, eh? They are so crafty at Craftsy.)
I am going to tell you a little secret! When Craftsy contacted me last fall, and I heard that I would be filmed on camera, my first reaction was, "Oh gosh, no. No, no, no." I'm not really one for being in the spotlight. I'm very quiet and shy (until I get to know you, then I talk up a storm! ha), so for me to go on camera was a huge stretch out of my comfort zone and my little studio at home! I'm much more comfortable being behind the scenes and behind the computer. Maybe I'm just used to it after all of these years of creating and blogging and doing my thing from home! After I gave it some thought... a lot of thought...and talked to my husband about it, he very much encouraged me to go for it. Try something new. Grow. Learn. Take some chances! Put myself out there a bit more. So...hesitantly...I said yes. After all, I love sharing ideas and inspiring others to bring out their creativity!

From that moment on, Craftsy was WONDERFUL to work with. My acquisitions editor worked with me weekly to develop the content and devise an outline of what I was going to teach. We also put together a mini kit that is optional to the class, and of course it is chock full of supplies that I adore! I used everything in the kit on my cards for the class (plus a few other things not in the kit, like some stamps and dies by Papertrey Ink). The great thing is that you can pick one or two items to buy, or you can grab ALL of the items to go with the class! OR you don't have to buy a thing. It's totally up to you. :) If you'd like to follow along and try some of the card ideas, grab a kit. You'll love it! Here's a sneak peek. Click here to see the kit items that I used, available at Craftsy.

In the class, there are approximately 30 never-before-seen projects, and I'll also show several more cards as extra examples of the lesson at the end of each chapter. So all together you'll see over 70 cards throughout the class! (And please...ignore my long, scraggly hair and the scared look on my face! Ha I have cut it short since then! And by the end of the class, I promise I'm not as scared of the camera. Hee)
We'll cover ways to incorporate patterned papers, how to mix and match them and how to layer. And let's be honest: as paper crafters, we all LOVE embellishments! They're fun to work with and make our designs to much more visually appealing. I'll share ideas for incorporating a variety of embellishments for cards that are multi-dimensional and absolutely captivating.
We'll also work with texture in several ways, and I can't wait to show you my process when creating a dimensional card.
Currently, the class is $29.99, however, as a huge thank you to you for being a blog reader of mine, I can offer the class to you for 50% off! YAY! Click HERE to purchase the class for 1/2 price.  You must create a log-in to see the description for the class, I believe. Thank you for letting me share about this journey with you. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to stretch myself, and truly hope you enjoy the class on techniques for creating dimension. xo

P.S. Have you seen the Vibrant Stamping class by Laura Bassen? She's so adorable and fun, you'll love her class!

Danielle

20 comments:

Cris Cunningham said...

I am so excited and thrilled for you (an me because I plan to take this class!...LOL). Congratulations Danielle!

Nora Noll said...

How exciting for you!! I just signed up for your class. I don't have a chunk of time to view it today but plan on viewing the content this weekend.

Crestajune said...

Yay! I have been waiting to be able to take a class from you! I am so glad this day is finally here! I love your papercrafting style... your beautiful works of art always make me so happy! I just signed up, can't wait to get started!

Regina Easter said...

this is so awesome Danielle, way to go girl...you look like a natural...hugs

Jill Norwood said...

Yay! So happy you put yourself out there Danielle! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to take your class! I just signed up and hope to start watching tomorrow night! Thanks so much for doing this! And congratulations too!!!
Hugs,
Jill

Holly Saveur said...

Congrats with this new adventure..sounds exciting...

Phyllis Strickland said...

Congrats! I love your blog so I hopped right over to sign up for your class. I am so excited to do this!

robinann17 said...

I was going to sign up for your class, but the Craftsy site says the class is no longer available. Help please! I so admire your creative work and would love to take the class.

Nancy said...

I am so bummed... it said the class was no longer available.

Danielle Flanders said...

Nancy and Robinann17, I will find out what's going on!! So sorry! It should be available!
Danielle

Danielle Flanders said...

So sorry for that mishap...the class is back up!
Danielle

Martha said...

Danielle, your creations are always beautiful and always catch my eye. Congratulations!

I just signed up, & I look forward to watching the videos.

Thanks!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I'm so excited for you, Danielle! This class sounds fabulous! Off to check it out....

Leigh Penner said...

Okay, I'm all signed up! :)

claudia shadler said...

WTG Danielle! Really awesome that you got a chance to experience being on camera doing what you love! amazing! Happy for you :) I need to sign up and check out your video!

C

Nancy said...

Yay! I was able to sign up for the class and watch for a few minutes and loving what I've watched so far.... can't wait to start creating! Thanks Danielle!

robinann17 said...

Danielle
After I posted to you that I couldn't get enrolled, I found customer service at Craftsy and asked for help. I'm all signed up now and have ordered my kit supplies! Can hardly wait to start learning from one of my paper crafting favorites!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Congrats on your new venture. You always do such beautiful work. Looking forward to joining your class....

Greta said...

Good for you taking a chance like this! I know your class will be great--always enjoy your creations! Thanks so much for taking time to visit my blog.

Nancy Guse said...

Danielle your class is AWESOME!!! I really enjoyed it! I have made a few cards already!