Thursday, January 15, 2015

Release Day: January...

There will be lots of "partying" on my blog today while I share some new products coming out this month at Papertrey Ink! ;) Lots of birthday goodies this month! Everything is available tonight at 10pm EST! First up is Phrase Play #12 stamps and dies.
Using watercolor pencils, I watercolored a background. (Used the same technique that I did on the rainbow hugs card HERE.) When dry, I cut the Phrase Play #12 die out of it. I also cut another one from gold cardstock and layered it over the top. Super easy. Stamped the sentiment when dry.
Thanks For Coming To My Party card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Phrase Play #12
INK: Pure Poppy
PAPER: watercolor paper, white cardstock, gold cardstock
DIES: Phrase Play #12
OTHER: watercolor pencils, water, paintbrush.
______

Next is Keep It Simple: Belated Birthday. I used the Phrase Play #12 die again with it. I love, love polka dots. Thought I'd try a more masculine color palette this time.
I used Polka Dot Basics III to stamp the yellow, teal and gray dots. Then added a gold die cut over the top. I made my own striped paper with Background Basics: Super Stripes.

Belated Birthday Wishes card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Keep It Simple: Belated Birthday, Polka Dot Basics III, 
Background Basics: Super Stripes
INK: Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold by PTI; Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: White, True Black, gold cardstock
DIES: Phrase Play #12, hole punch
OTHER: none.
______

So...polka dots are my thing! But I love stripes too. And today I love big bold black ones! This one is stamped with Happy Notes (flowers and sentiment) and Background Basics: Super Stripes.

So Happy card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Happy Notes, Background Basics: Super Stripes
INK: Tropical Teal, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, True Black
PAPER: white, Aqua Mist
DIES: Happy Notes
OTHER: none.
______

More stripes, I couldn't resist. I used Background Basics: Super Stripes to create a panel for the middle and the new Hey, Cupcake stamps and dies.
 "Party" is cut from the new Party Trio dies in Pure Poppy cardstock and layered over the top.
Bold Party card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Hey, Cupcake; Background Basics: Super Stripes
INK: True Black, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold by PTI; 
Soft Granite by Hero Arts
PAPER: White, Pure Poppy cardstock, Summer Sunrise Pattern Pack
DIES: Hey, Cupcake dies and Party Trio dies
OTHER: hole punch, twine.
______

Here is Cable Gram. Such a cool, detailed die! I embossed the die in the background and used the stamps from Cable Gram for my sentiment.
So in love with these fonts! 
To emboss with this die, I simply add 2 pieces of cardstock to the die instead of one, and I take my shim out before running it through the Cuttlebug. I always usually keep my shim in, but for embossing, I remove it. That's it! Works great.
I Just Love You card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: Cable Gram, Polka Dot Basics III
INK: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, True Black
PAPER: White
DIES: Cable Gram
OTHER: none.
______

On this one, I used the new 2015 Birthday Tags and Stitched Swirls, along with Polka Dot Basics III again.
The butterfly is cut from Beautiful Butterflies, then stamped with the dots and sentiment. I cut the holes with Stitched Swirls dies and used the Stitched Swirls stamps to fill it in. Doesn't it look like stitching? To fit with the country/handmade sort of theme, I used some patterned papers from Simple Stories and Studio Calico to add lots of color in the background.
Happy Birthday card:
(All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.)
STAMPS: 2015 Birthday Tags, Stitched Swirls
INK: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, True Black
PAPER: Sweet Blush cardstock, Simple Stories and Studio Calico patterned paper
DIES: Beautiful Butterflies, Stitched Swirls
OTHER: sequins, seam binding.
______

Is there a product you like the best? All of the new products you see here today will be available on Jan. 15 at 10pm EST. Visit the team to see more:

10 comments:

Queen Mary said...

Boy, you really out did yourself with this release day show of force! I love the party die in the gold paper -- stunning! Gorgeous stuff lady -- thanks so much for sharing so much with us! You do beautiful work!

Renee V said...

LOVE what you did with Phrase Play Danielle!!! Is the gold you used PTI's Gold Shimmer? Also really really love card #3, the black and white diagonal with the pretty colors just pops..

Unknown said...

I really love your examples, they are so classy!

jan metcalf said...

I am really liking the gold party die with the turquoise, black and white dots!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards today - loved them ALL!

Sandy M said...

Must get some gold paper to die cut. It makes the card elements stand out. All the cards are great.

Diana K said...

Gorgeous, Danielle. All of them!

Sharon said...

Wow, wow, wow! Love your style!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Gorgeous cards! Love what you did with all of the stamps! And that gold cardstock, swoon!!!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful, Danielle! Thanks for showing so many different ways to use BB: Super Stripes, especially when I don't have the right color striped paper. Your attention to details is beyond my imagination. Love all of these cards!