Thursday, January 1, 2015

more Monthly Moments: December...

Have you heard of the Monthly Moments products over at Papertrey Ink? Each month, there is a fun new stamp set with coordinating dies and Journal Cards, perfect for documenting with a scrapbook layout or weekly/daily pocket pages, or even to use on a card.
For my last project this month with the Monthly Moments: December products, I made some of my own pocket page cards to put in my pockets with photos, but you could certainly take these ideas and use them however you'd like. Maybe lay them out in a grid format on a 12x12" layout and attach photos in between? Or use them in your pocket pages to add color and design to the pockets. Or take one of these details and have fun with it on your next holiday thank you card, etc.

On the December Joy card, I cut out the "December" word with Monthly Moments: December dies. The joy is stamped with the coordinating stamps. I used a Damask Snowflake die to cut the snowflake and trimmed it, so it's on the edge of the card, leaving room for journaling or whatever you might want to add. The stripe is cut from one of the striped Journal Cards.
On the Joy wreath, I used a journal card that already had the wreath printed on it, added some pearls and a die cut from Wonderful Words: Joy. Love that the font matches the "joy" in the stamp set. I cut it from one of the journal cards. (*Tip: cut shapes from the center of the journal card, and you can still use the outer edge as a strip on another card, as you'll see on the stamped sentiment tree card I made later in this post!)
On the "Merry" card, I stamped the Merry, pine boughs and 'tis the season from the December stamps, but I also used the Journal Accessories stamp set for the lines.
On the next one, I cut my own 3x4" card from white cardstock, die cut a Damask Snowflake from it and then placed it back in, bending up the snowflake ends and backing it with another piece of white cardstock. The center is stamped with the December stamps and a few mica flakes were added.
The background "let it snow" is stamped with the December stamps as well.
Last, but not least, I made a stamped Christmas tree with all of the sentiments, just stamping them from shortest to longest to create the tree shape and 2 short ones for the truck. The colors don't quite look right in this photo, but I used Simply Chartreuse ink for the sentiments and Spring Moss ink for the pine boughs.  They are more green in real life. :) The stitching holes were cut with Monthly Moments: Journal Card 7 die.
Be sure to visit Ashley, Melissa and Heather for more December Monthly Moments inspiration! 

4 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Fun ideas, will make your memories sparkle!

maria f. said...

I love everything about this set ( except that the die was out of stock when I placed an order). Happy 2015 to you and yours.

Gina said...

I love your tip about cutting from the center of a journaling card and then using the edges of it as a "mat" on another card. Such a great idea. I've done that before on other cards but never thought about it for my pocket scrapping cards.

Diana K said...

Such beautiful work! I love what you did with this month's products. It's such a treat to come and visit your blog.