Friday, January 28, 2011

I love you to pieces.

I love all things hearts lately!
Chipboard hearts, punched hearts. You name it. I love them all!

Today for my blog post over at Jenni Bowlin, I was trying to think of some cute sayings for Valentine's cards when this saying popped into my head. That was my inspiration for the card. I found a chipboard heart in my JB stash and cut it into 3 pieces, then covered it with the new mini papers from the new Be Our Guest line by Jenni Bowlin.

The sentiment was printed onto the card base with my printer before I added the calendar die cut and heart. The little rose was made using Jenni's crepe paper. I twisted it into a flower shape, then adhered it over one of Jenni's buttons. I love the sunny colors against the clean white background! To me, it feels warm and shabby, yet clean and happy.
Are you working on any Valentine's cards? I would love to see them!
Thanks for peeking today,
Danielle

Jenni Bowlin supplies used: Die Cut Mini Paper Pad- Calendar, Be Our Guest Mini Papers, Crepe Paper - Red, Stick Pin - Shell, Chipboard Heart, Printed Tickets - Valentine's, Vintage Sew-on Button - White, Other: white cardstock, Typewriter font, seam binding.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pieced heart!! What an awesome idea Dani! And the colors on this card are so fresh! LOVE it!

Beatriz Kimmel said...

I love the idea of cutting the heart in pieces...this card is gorgeos, love it!!
TFS
-BK

одувАнчик said...

Oh, it's so cute, so lovely!!! I like this card so much!))

Babsarella said...

Lovely card! You can check out my valentine card at http://smith411.typepad.com

Barbara

Margot said...

great card! i love what you did with the heart!

Ania said...

It's perfect in every way! :)

Marlou McAlees said...

totally stunning!! :)

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this!!!!

Wishing you a great one Danielle!!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I am working on some digital/hybrid valentines with Paper Trunk digitals. :)

jen said...

It's so yummy! And I LOOOOVE that sentiment! :)

Manuna said...

Unusually! Very gently!

Marie/Mison said...

I can´t help it.I just love everything you create!

The Scrappy Tree said...

I LOVE this :) classic Jenni :)

Gayle xx

Mandy said...

this is one pretty & stunning card, I just adore your work!

hugs mandyxx

Anonymous said...

I just found my way over from the Crate Paper blog. I adore your pieced heart and I am crazy about your crepe paper rose! Have you ever done a tutorial on how to make these roses? I would love any helpful hints!

Andrea McCulley
prayalways421@yahoo.com

Melonie said...

Beautiful Dani!

Anonymous said...

hanging your canvas photo looks great.

Judy said...

Love this card to pieces!

hassam said...

I love the idea of cutting the heart in pieces...this card is gorgeos, love it!!