Wednesday, January 5, 2011

techniques using canvas borders, and more...

I am so excited about the Pink Paislee blog this year. We will have some new topics to share with you, and I think you'll really like the changes! Today was "Product Pick", so I worked with the canvas borders from the Sweetness line.
On the 14 card, I used the canvas borders as a border on a pocket. 
The butterfly on this card was an old chipboard butterfly from my stash. I layered 3 pieces of canvas, starting at the bottom. After covering the butterfly, I turned it over and trimmed off the excess. I added a little bit of brown chalk to the edges of the canvas, so you could see the different layers.
Here I gathered the canvas every inch or so to create pleats! It has a sticky back on it, so it stays right where you put it! Kind of looks like a little rainbow here.
The hole is punched with a 2" circle punch and then I added a felt Doodad from the Sweetness line on the inside of the card.
Everything you see on these cards is from the Sweetness line! Love it! Stop over to the Pink Paislee blog to read more! :)                   
  --------------------

Today I also had a Glue Arts project due and we were given some Girls Paperie to work with! I love, love their papers. This is their "On Holiday" line of papers and stickers. I added some chipboard stars and buttons from my stash. Alphas are Pink Paislee!
I created 2 tags for my page to use this gorgeous yellow paper. Glue Arts makes a great adhesive for embellishments which I used to attach the buttons to the stars...it's called Extreme Adhesive Squares and they are just like Glue Dots, but I think they are even better and stickier. I've always used Glue Dots, but I think these are terrific!
This photo was taken of Kati the day before she started Kindergarten this year. We had a "meet the teacher" night, and I took a few pics of her before we left!
To see step-by-step directions to create this page, visit the Glue Arts blog. Thanks for reading my long post today! :)
Danielle

22 comments:

~amy~ said...

WOW...I love ALL of your projects...such fabbie eye candy...thanks for the great inspiration!

NoraAnne said...

Gorgeous projects, I really love your layout and documentation of such a special day :)
and the cards are total EYE CANDY! So much fun stuff to look at :) Thanks for sharing and inspiring me today!

kimmie said...

Amazing projects, i love your handwriting.

The Travel Realm said...

I love the look of the canvas and especially what you did on the butterfly! Your layout is so touching.

Cathy said...

Yay! Just got the Sweetness line in at the store! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jocelyn said...

I adore all of these projects!!! The canvas is just perfect!!!!

Wishing you a great one and thanks for sharing with us!!! :-)

Melonie said...

GORGEOUS picture of Kati and beautiful LO too! Love all of your cards too:)

Unknown said...

Always such a joy to come here for a visit Danielle. These cards and the layout are beautiful. I love how you put colors together to create little masterpieces

Toodles
Erika

Anonymous said...

LOVE the canvas!! And totally adore all your creations!!! :-) happy New Year!!

Jennifer Yates said...

my oh my oh MY! Your work just makes me happy!!! Love the cards and the layout! :))

claudia shadler said...

lovely scrap page Danielle, such a sweet pic of yer lil girl, luv the tags and the twine! i'm in awe of this page ;)

Hugs,
C :)

Karey said...

Great cards. I saw your tutorial on your layout on Glue Arts blog and thought it is wonderful. Thank you so much!!

Marie/Mison said...

Firt of all - a Happy New Year to You!

Lovely cards. I really like the canvas borders. Must have... And the layout is great. The picture of your doughter i stunning!

Blossom inch said...

great work Danielle, all of it. I love everything.

Ania said...

Love the way you worked with the canvasborder, and the layout is too cute :) Happy New Year Danielle :)

Angi Barrs said...

I love to create with canvas. Beautiful creations. You are mentioned on my blog today. Check it out here:

http://cokiepopaper.blogspot.com/2011/01/dedicated-to-my-fave-scrappers.html

Keshet said...

All so very beautiful! Love the pleats especially!

Suzanne said...

Your work makes me happy too! Just love them all!
Thanks for the tip creating the butterfly!!! It is gorgeous!

Julia Sandvoss said...

Do I get to say I loved it all?? Those Pink Paislee projects were fabulous!!!

Smita said...

Lovely projects! I especially like the canvas borders! Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

wow the canvas is really neat!

Lillian Child said...

What a beautiful layout, but that photo of your daughter is even more beautiful! She's gonna be a heartbreaker for sure with that lovely smile!