Thursday, January 20, 2011

a sprinkle of this and a dash of that....

I have a couple more Kitschy Kitchen things to show you, the first is a layout that I made with the Kitschy Kitchen tags. I laid them out and arranged them to fit around my photos, then added some details to each one. We bought our girls new aprons one day, so Kati had to put hers to good use when we got home, making Playdoh cookies and other creations. :)

I felt the layout needed a little bit of punch, so I added some red cardstock circles. The stitching in "cook" was totally inspired by one of the rub ons! I drew out the stem and leaves and then hand stitched over the top.
This little tag has some white paint under the rub on to let the rub on show up a little better!

Next is a "Grandmas are Great" card. When I think of recipes, cooking and divine food, I think of my grandmas! I so miss the days when I was little and going to visit them for the holidays. So many good times and yummy meals.
I love, love these cute little pockets by Melissa Frances. They come in 3 sizes, but this is the mini one. I jazzed it up with some paint, a sticker, a little strip of the 6x6 paper and a rub on saying from the Kitschy Kitchen set on the tag.
Someone had asked about the red ribbon. It is actually seam binding that I purchased at www.zipperstop.com, then I cut a piece off of the roll and sprayed with it with Glimmer Mist. This mist color is called Candy Apple Red and is made Tattered Angels. Just spray and turn it over, keep doing that until you've covered the whole piece. Scrunch it up and let it dry (or you can hurry the process by using your heat gun)! Your fingers will get messy, but it's certainly a fun process!

21 comments:

DeeDee said...

Love the paint under the rub-on, and the cherry buttons. Beautiful!

Eni said...

What a fantastic page! Love it!
hope to be allowed to lift you ideas!

Absolutely lovely!

Unknown said...

Your stuff always amazes me. Great LO and card!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I have to get my hands on this Kitschy Kitchen stuff! Those tags are so cute. I love how you used them.

Anonymous said...

wow, could these be ANY cuter!!!! I just love it.

Suzy Girl said...

Ok I seriously have to make a similar card for "nana" now, as she would appreciate it so much. Love the idea. Great job Danielle.

Leslie Ashe said...

oh gosh I LOVE this Dani!!

How funny...your blog post title is my blog title, LOL!!
I love it!

Jocelyn said...

Perfection....every single detail...PERFECT!!!

Have a great one!!!

Anonymous said...

So so pretty! looooove everything!

Anonymous said...

LOVEeeeee these LO'S!!! So cute :-)

Sandra said...

Your layouts always leave me feeling so inspired.

Wahkuna said...

I love these, the graphics are awesome!

Valentina said...

Love it!! Great work...

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Danielle! Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very wonderful, yet belated, happy new year! Love these sweet projects. The Kitschy Kitchen line is just pure fun, and you've really showcased it beautifully. I love how you used the tags and the mini pocket, and adore your stitched cherries.

Melonie said...

Adorable LO Dani! Miss Kati is too cute for words.

Lisa said...

Beautifull work :)

Lisa said...

Beautifull work :)

Jennifer Yates said...

I could just look at your work all day!!! LOVE what you did with this collection...just beautiful!

Tigriswillreign said...

So charming!

hasssam said...

Your stuff always amazes me. Great LO and card!

hassam said...

wow, could these be ANY cuter!!!! I just love it.