Thursday, September 15, 2011

cards on the 15th...

Good morning all! It's the 15th of the month and you know what that means....I get to share some work I did with the new Papertrey Ink stamps for this month! I had a blast with all of the new Christmas items (which you can see here)!

This one was made with the new Tri-fold cards, but I cut the top layer of the card back a little bit to let the second page show through, where I stamped, "jolly" and the snowflakes. Adds a fun detail.

Tis the Season card:
Stamps: Winter Cheer by PTI
Ink: True Black, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores by PTI
Paper: Crate Paper (black polkadot), Aqua Mist cardstock by PTI, tri fold card by PTI
Dies: none
Other: snowflake by Target (Holiday Table Scatter), Twinery twine, 2" circle punch.
------------

This one is super cute and brightly colored in person. The lime green and red look so cute together. This set is Christmas Labels and as you can see, has a retro vintage vibe, hence the colors I used together here. I layered lots of stamping for a fairly flat card (except the brad) that has a lot of depth to it.




I am really loving stamping on patterned paper lately! To create the slightly distressed edges, see my last blog post. The Tim Holtz blending tool works awesome for that.

Holly Jolly card:
Stamps: Christmas Labels, Love Lives Here Holiday (stars)
Ink: Spring Moss, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy by PTI, brown by Ranger Industries
Paper: Vintage Vogue by Pink Paislee
Dies: none
Other: brad by Pebbles, snowflake by Target (Holiday Table Scatter).
------------

Here's an adorable set called Holiday Lights! There are little images of different kinds of bulbs to use with the string of lights- little stars, balls or pointy lights. Here I wanted to use the balls on the string, so I could create a large ball for my sentiment and hoped it would resemble a light hanging from the string.
I've used some Crate Paper for the background and photo corners and Dawn's new Candy Cane Prints for the stripe on the bottom. The ornament was stamped with Candy Cane Christmas.
String Up the Lights card:
Stamps: Holiday Lights, Candy Cane Christmas
Ink: Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Orange Zest, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate and a light brown and pink from my stash
Paper: red and teal cardstock, Candy Cane papers by Dawn McVey, Crate Paper
Dies: 2" circle punch
Other: pearl by Melissa Frances.
-------------

Straying from Christmas a little bit here for a second, this card was made with the new Flower Fusion #8.
The stems were stamped onto a Melissa Frances die cut, and I embossed the dandelions with white embossing powder. Paper is Pink Paislee - Nantucket (stripe) and Vintage Vogue (pink).
Just Dandy card:
Stamps: Flower Fusion #8
Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow, Spring Moss
Paper: red, white, yellow cardstock and yellow stripe is Pink Paislee - Nantucket, pink circle is Pink Paislee - Vintage Vogue
Dies: none
Other: 1" circle punch, embossing powder, Upper Crest border punch by Fiskars, Papertrey Ink twine, Melissa Frances die cut. 
------------

This one includes stamps from the Bells & Boughs set. I also used the die that goes with the set to create the felt bow.
The red stripe was die cut with the new Holiday Photo Finishers dies. These could be used for so many things and lots of previous stamp sentiments that you have will certainly fit into the center of these strips! I tried my hand at a new stitch from my sewing machine that sort of looks like a snowflake. One tip with this card, make sure the white stamping is dry before adding the black sentiment over the top. I used a heat gun to speed up the process!
Merry Christmas from our Family to Yours:
Stamps: Bells & Boughs
Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow
Paper: new Candy Cane striped papers by Dawn McVey, kraft cardstock
Dies: Bells & Boughs, Holiday Photo Finishers
Other: burlap ribbon, Melissa Frances pearl, machine stitching at top, Papertrey Ink felt.
-------------

This one is super simple to create - just stamped various snowflakes in white and wrapped a crocheted flower around the edge of the card with some twine. Couldn't get much easier than that.

 Warm Winter Wishes:
Stamps: Tag-its #8
Ink: Fresh Snow, True Black
Paper: kraft cardstock by PTI
Dies: none
Other: Twinery twine, Melissa Frances pearls, crocheted flower by Close To My Heart.
------------

You can see all of my projects for the month HERE.

I'll be back tomorrow! I have another tutorial to share with you on making vintage looking Christmas ornaments with wooden items from the craft store...and using stamped sentiments on the rounded fronts! Stay tuned.... :)

10 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Your projects always make me smile and feel happy! Love the inspiration you provide! These are awesome, as always!

nicole said...

Absolutely beautiful designs! You are so amazingly creative and these are all just such eye candy!

Jingle said...

These are fantastic! I absolutely LOVE that first one! It pops!

claudia shadler said...

oh Danielle, what beautiful cards, so much inspiration! And xmas isn't here yet, haha :) Because of yer cards, I want all the stamps!

cathi said...

All cards make me happy! I love the colors from the second one.

lisa houpt said...

always so beautiful. You make me want to stamp and I really don't know how....you make it look so easy and so pretty.

Elizabeth said...

I tell you girl, every single card you create is amazing and you make stamping look SO easy!!! I don't stamp much at all, but I tell ya you make me want to try!!!
e.

Kathy Martin said...

Love every one of these cards! You are so inspiring! I look forward to receiving my Papertrey order!

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE your cards!!The Holly Jolly one is so easy and so much fun too....love the dandy card very much too..all are gorgeous!

Mary B. said...

These are fabulous!! You obviously have such a great eye for design... I think my favorite is the snowflake-stamped one near the end. Although it may be "simple" to do, the design rocks (cute pearls and twine!). :)