Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Holiday photo finishers...

Papertrey Ink has a gorgeous new stamp set and coordinating dies coming out on the 15th for all of your holiday photo needs - it's called Holiday Photo Finishers. There are so many ways you can use this set to dress up your holiday cards!

I chose to keep it super simple, as I usually send out 60 photos or more during the holidays. I know we are all busy with shopping and planning, wrapping and entertaining, so I wanted this to be an easily replicated project.
For my holiday photo, I decided to wrap a little sentiment around the photo with twine. This is actually our photo from last year, we have yet to get a photo of us for this year!

Here is another example. This is a very inexpensive project, because you can have 4x6 photos printed for about $.10 each, and the stamps of course you can use over and over again.
Here is the tag up close:
And on the back of the tag, I stamped some swirls from the set and signed it, "Love, The Flanders".
I think it just adds a quick touch of holiday cheer!

I'll show you how I made these! First punch circles from white cardstock with a 2" paper punch. Grab an ink blending tool (this is the one I use), dip it in your brown ink pad and swirl the brown ink around the edges of the tag. Using the blending tool will give you a nice soft effect.
Next, stamp the brown swirl.
Last, stamp the circular saying in Pure Poppy ink over the top.
Punch a hole and wrap tag around photo with twine. Don't forget to dress up the back and sign your name.

The envelopes are stamped too with a saying in Smokey Shadow ink, holly in Ripe Avocado ink and berries in Pure Poppy ink. The top candy cane lines are from the Candy Cane Christmas set that you saw a few days ago on my blog.

Sending Christmas Cheer holiday photos:
Stamps: Holiday Photo Finishers
Ink: Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Smokey Shadow, light brown by Ranger
Paper: white cardstock
Dies: none
Other: 2" punch by Fiskars, twine, envelopes, Tim Holtz blending tool, twine by The Twinery.

--------------

I have another quick card to show you. I used a Pink Paislee's 6x6 paper from the Vintage Vogue line and added a small strip of Melissa Frances crepe paper in the center, the fringed kind of crepe paper. Then I hot glued a few tiny ribbon roses inside the crepe paper and stamped a sentiment and swirls on top.
Roses are made with Papertrey Ink's Raspberry Fizz twill tape 3/8".
Peace and Joy card:
Stamps: Holiday Photo Finishers
Ink: True Black, Smokey Shadow
Paper: Vintage Vogue 6x6 paper pad by Pink Paislee
Dies: none
Other: crepe paper by Melissa Frances, ribbon by Papertrey Ink, twine by Twinery.

By the way, the snowflakes you see in my photos are new dies as well! LOVE! I cut a few out of felt and can't wait to add them to a project. Thank you so much for visiting today. Now hop on over to see what the rest of the design team has done with this stamp set...

14 comments:

claudia shadler said...

Amazing card Danielle! luv the rose buds!

hugs,
C :)

Gabby said...

Nice tag! I like your creative card. I like the flourish and sentiment stamped from the new set. The tissue fringe and roses add interest, as well. TFS your creations. :)

Evgenia Petzer said...

amazing!

Kim Faucher said...

amazing!!! I really want to get a jump start... these sets look worth the investment!!

jan metcalf said...

Love your peace and joy card!!! So pretty!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card idea and the beautiful envy too!

Noreen said...

The envelopes definitely look much more festive, and I love the tag and twine added to the card.

Heather I. said...

WOW! Beautiful!!!! I love your work so much - you are simply amazing! great photo too! I made a "prototype" for my Christmas Cards too. Heavy stamping/paperpiecing (using Lawn Fawn Stamps & Crate Paper). Here's a peek at my 1st sample: http://heathersscrappiness.blogspot.com/2011/09/first-ever-lawnscaping-blog-hop.html
The updated version (except the picture - which will be taken in November) is on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/heathers_scrappiness/6146832669/in/pool-lawnfawn I added my hermit crabs to it ;).

Anonymous said...

Great tags and cards, but I especially love your twill roses and the wonderful envelope. Very cool. Thanks so much. BeverlyHBL

Cristina said...

You and I have totally different styles, but I love checking your blog. So much inspiration here. The little stamping details on the envelope flaps, for example. Love love love!

Wahkuna said...

I love the x-mas card idea, simple but yet has a big impact! Thanks for sharing the tutorial for the tag- I'll have to try that!

Kim Jackson said...

Love the holiday photo idea, Danielle! The tags are gorgeous. :)

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

Looks fantastic and really adds to the photo. And the decoration of the envelopes is so clever

Anonymous said...

What stamp was used for the red slanted lines on the envelope? I don't see that in the stamp set you referenced.

Thanks.
Andrea Mette