Monday, July 11, 2016

Introducing "It's The Thought"...

I can't believe it's countdown time again! The Papertrey Ink team will be previewing several new products that will be released this month on the 15th, so today I get to share with you a new stamp set called It's The Thought! I've also used a paper pack that was released last month that I just received, the Floral Sketches patterned paper collection, available HERE! I love these papers! They make quick and easy cards by simply adding a quick sentiment to them!
I've got three cards for you today.

The first was made with the darker gray floral paper and a sentiment from It's the Thought. A piece of vellum was embossed with white embossing powder, then I trimmed the edges with my scissors and machine stitched it onto my card front before adding it to a card base. The gray patterned paper has white flecks in it...very pretty. I did trim down the sides and added it to another lighter gray paper in the paper pad.

On the next card, I added a light gray paper behind this floral, then heat embossed the sentiment from It's The Thought right onto the preprinted patterned paper.
Aren't the grays so pretty with these colors?

The twine adds a little "separation" between the two papers...and a little bit of contrast to the card.

On the last card, I used the "I think of you often" sentiment from It's the Thought and again heat embossed it onto vellum. It's machine stitched on the left, and adhered with a touch of glossy accents underneath the sequins to hold it down on the right side.



"It's the Thought" will be available on July 15th at 10pm EST at Papertreyink.com.

Visit Nichole Heady's blog to see more links to view new projects made with the July releases! I'll be back tomorrow. Have a great day!

7 comments:

A Cup of Cold Water said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, Danielle!

Connie said...

Absolute lovely!!!

MelissaF said...

I love these beautiful cards with vellum sentiments especially, thanks for great ideas for using patterned paper!

Kathy Mc said...

Yay, you posted today! Love all three of your cards and agree Floral Sketches paper pack is awesome. Now, I need to add that to my ever-growing wish list. Do you use a special size needle or different thread to sew on paper? I've been wanting to try it but haven't taken that plunge yet. Lovely post, Danielle!

Luanne said...

Beautiful! I love all your cards!

Jeri said...

I love your use of vellum on these beautiful cards.

Lisaerica said...

Hi Danielle, absolutely gorgeous! I think I always so the same thing but your color combos are always so rich and stunning. Can you tell me where you get your inspiration, or does it just come to you. Thanks for sharing and always inspiring.