Friday, July 1, 2016

Super Stars revisited...

Today the Papertrey Ink design team is revisiting an older stamp set called Super Stars to give you a few fresh, new ideas for using it on your cards and projects! This is one of my all-time favorite stamp sets! I love the movement that the wavy sentiments give to a card: it's very free-form and fun! I have mixed the older Super Stars stamps with a few newer products from Papertrey Ink: the flowers from the Make It Market: Don't Forget to Write kit preprinted papers and the What The Doodle: Butterfly dies.

On my cards today, I wanted to use the wavy dotted lines to resemble butterfly trails. I stamped the dotted lines and sentiment from Super Stars, then added a floral die cut from the Don't Forget to Write kit papers. There is a die in the kit that trims out the florals perfectly from the pre-printed papers! I stamped a few stars from Super Stars also. The butterflies are die cut with What The Doodle: Butterfly from the Sheer Basics Vellum.

After finishing the card front, I adhered it to a Pure Poppy + White Basics paper (stripe).



On the next card, I used the dotted lines again as butterfly trails, but used a different sentiment from Super Stars. I've used the same design essentially, but positioned my card vertically instead of horizontally and used a different color scheme.

Again, I cut a pre-printed floral design from the Don't Forget to Write kit, stamped some stars, and added the vellum butterfly layers. The finished card front was added to a Tropical Teal patterned paper.

Really hope you enjoyed these ideas and cards today, now I'm off to see what the other ladies have made! It's always like Christmas for me to see everyone's projects made with the same products. :) Have a great day!!

Now visit...Betsy, Dawn, Heather, and Melissa for more ideas!

12 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Delightful cards!

Betty Sue said...

Love it!!

Peggy Nall said...

I have the" don't forget to write" set, but i have lost the large double leaf stamp. How would i get another one? I love the way they turn out. Also I don't know how to get the on line videos. thanks for you help.

Jill Norwood said...

Oh my goodness! Gorgeous cards my dear! Love how you made the butterfly trails!!!

Ann said...

So pretty, love them.

Nora Noll said...

Totally amazing!!! LOVE all the pretty layering!

Virginia L. said...

Love the style and composition! Absolutely gorgeous, Danielle!

Diana K said...

Swooning over here, Danielle. My goodness they're gorgeous!

Kay Miller said...

Danielle, these could not be any more beautiful!! They are stunning! Love love what you've done here!

Kari D said...

Just love these, Danielle. I would never have thought of combining these three PTI sets, but they are PERFECT together. THANKS for the (as always) amazing inspiration.

Lisaerica said...

Love your pretty twist! Your work always amazes me. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Carolynn said...

I'm always charmed by how you put elements together... Stars and flowers and butterflies, oh my! Just lovely!