Saturday, July 23, 2016

SAF 2016: Gilded in Gold...

I hope you are all enjoying Papertrey Ink's Stamp-A-Faire event so far! I have a painting technique to share with you. Gold embossed stationery and monograms are so trendy right now! In this tutorial, I will share with you a quick, simple way to add gold to your monograms with a product called Liquid Leaf by Plaid. It goes on thick, dries quickly and leaves a gorgeous shine to your die cut pieces, envelopes and tags!

Visit Nichole Heady's blog to watch the full video tutorial! I made a little monogrammed set for my daughter Kati, so she could send thank you notes for her birthday party.

In the video, I also show how to create these gilded tags and a gold pen to go with the ensemble! They would be cute all together in a gift box like these stationery boxes from Papertrey Ink.


The tags are made with Minute To Make: Holiday Tags die and Graceful Greetings I and II stamp sets, Liquid Leaf and white embroidery floss.

This next card set is made almost the exact same, but with the Noted: Scalloped Square dies instead of the Limitless Layers squares and circles. The Noted set has the scallops and the stitched circle die together in the set, unlike the first set I created with the Limitless Layers: Squares and Limitless Layers: Circles.
Thank you for swinging by today, and enjoy the fun Stamp-A-Faire event!! I hope you enjoyed this post and video tutorial. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Lisaerica said...

Gorgeous Danielle! I'm addicted to anything gold, gotta get me some of this, lol! These are great to have on hand and make as gift sets for friends. Thanks for always being there inspiring.

SavedbyGrace said...

I love your technique, so simple but adds so much. So many possibilities, any stamps and dies we have could take on a whole new look. I love it.

Greta said...

I'm so glad I got the Liquid Leafing before SAF--just loved making my card for your challenge! Your projects always inspire me--thank you, Danielle!

nancy said...

I love it when something that is simple to do adds so much to a project. Thank you for this tutorial, Danielle. It's one I'll be using again.

Leigh Penner said...

This was such a fun challenge -- Sage & I both enjoyed it! Although, to be honest, Sage got frustrated when she couldn't paint as nice of lines in gold as you did.... ;)