Monday, April 2, 2012

Scrapkit Studio...

I have been working on this little mini album the past week or so, coming back to it here and there and adding more when I have time! That seems to be the trick for me, as I usually like things more on the simpler side, but when I leave a project and come back to it, I can see better where something might need to be added in or where it feels empty!
This mini album was made with a kit by ScrapKit Studio. When I received this kit in the mail, I was pleasantly surprised...it's like no other kit I've ever tried! EACH piece is already pre-cut for you! I didn't cut a thing in this little album.
You can either follow the directions provided to you to complete the album, or go more on your own and complete it how you'd like. I decided to just wing it, and do what feels natural to me. The only thing I really added to this kit was the black houndstooth tape by Pink Paislee, some white paint and machine stitching.

On this first page spread, I decided to leave one of the chipboard pages blank with no patterned paper and instead added some paint around the edges, then journaled over the top.

I've included some pictures of our family that we took of us at Thanksgiving. We were trying to get a family photo for our Christmas picture (which I never sent out because I ran out of time!)

There are chipboard shapes included with paper shapes to match, so I covered the chipboard frame here with the blue paper and stitched around it. I also added some messy stitching to the red heart. The white and black alphas are in the kit - as well as every punched shape you see! Yes, everything! The owner of this kit club works so hard to pre-cut everything you will need to create the album.
Here I used the white letters on white cardstock. I love the tone-on-tone effect! Another thing I like to do is tie twine or ribbons around the rings in between pages. You can also add more photos on the rings! Simply punch holes and add the photos in between pages.
This little pocket came in the kit also. All you do is fold the pocket and adhere the sides. I decided to do a little zig zig stitching on the sides of my pocket. I added the banner and felt word over the top from the kit. I used the red ribbon to twirl around into a little rose and attached a pin through it.
Here is another chipboard piece that I painted instead of adding paper to it...love how that looks.
A couple of little embellishments add to the page and photos, but don't completely take it over like this page below.
Some of our pictures were blurry from that day, but I scrapped them anyway...we were having fun together in the pics being silly!
And another peek at the cover!
Don't be afraid to mix and match colors when making a mini album - as long as you have a reoccurring color scheme throughout the book, it will keep it looking cohesive. All of the Basic Grey Picadilly papers are double sided, so you could end up with a book looking totally different than mine if you chose the other sides! Many options with this kit, yet what I loved was not so many decisions on what shapes to cut, etc. It was fast and super easy.


Here is the link to the Live Love Laugh kit. Hope you enjoyed my take on this little album! :)

30 comments:

Judith said...

Perfect! So full of colour.
Your daughters are beautiful!!!

Taheerah said...

This mini book was soooo worth the wait to see it Danielle!! I *mega* {love} it!!! S many fab little details - sounds like they put a lot of thought into all the elements of the kit - but I just know it wa completely sprinkled with your magic dust too!!

Cris Cunningham said...

GORRRRRRGEOUS!!!!! Wow...I love the bright, fun colors. Absolutely lovely!

sophie said...

this is so precious!! amazing!

Gerlinde said...

your book is great!!!!Gerlinde from Vienna

cec said...

wonderfull !

Melonie said...

Beautiful....just like your family!

Karey said...

Very cute!!! I was on Heidi Swapp's blog today and wanted to send my Congrats to you on working with her line.

Anne-Kristin said...

That's a really beautiful album with a great message!

Diana Waite said...

just beautiful!

Melinda said...

Gorgeous mini! Thanks for sharing!

Veda said...

Beautiful!

Marsha F said...

I love your mini album! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Ciriano said...

I love love love this. Such a happy album! The colors make me smile!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous1 I love all the little details that this mini holds. I can tell a lot of heart went into it. Love it to pieces!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable and worth all the time and effort, so cute.

Annabella Merlin said...

Every detail in this project is stunning! I love the colors used, the embellishments and every page looks very warm and lively.

Annabella Merlin
Creative Photo Albums

Wlly Juliana said...

beautiful. loved it!

Anonymous said...

it's so beautiful, danielle, so very beautiful. so many lovely details and colours. wonderful. a feast for the eyes!

TenSGal said...

That is so beautiful! Love the colors...love all the little touches and the photos of your beautiful family are fabulous!

NatQuebec said...

it's a wonderful album ! I love it !!!

lolita cardenas c. said...

Una familia preciosa!
y el mini albúm divino, perfecto!

marianne-g said...

Beautiful!! Love all your special touches.

jen said...

This is so fun! How great to have all those sweet pics in one gorgeous place! ;)

silvia in venice said...

beautiful! I've just found your blog and I love it!
from Venice...
http://silviainvenice.blogspot.it/

Anonymous said...

Your mini book is absolutely gorgeous! Really beautiful work as always.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for working with my mini album kit, Danielle - it turned out beautifully! Like I said, you are a true artist! I just love it, and your family is so precious! GREAT photos to keep and share!
Thanks again -
Melinda at scrapkit studio

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

I am so much not a scrapper. This looks like a lot of fun and it's just gorgeous! This is definitely enabling.

Alex Pauley said...

This is beautiful and the colours are so playful! My favourite is the little butterfly with the heart cut out of it. Very Nice!

Liz said...

what a beautiful book