Thursday, April 26, 2012

Your thoughtfulness touches my heart..

I'm blogging again today - whooo - I'm on a roll! I decided to try and post something little each day. Don't hold me to it though! :) I wanted to work with the new Script Alpha dies from Papertrey Ink again. LOVE these! You can never have enough "thank you cards" handy.

I used some Lily Bee Designs papers from the Handmade collection and cut random patterns out. Gray cardstock makes a pretty background for all of the color.
These dies come on a magnetic sheet, which is handy for keeping them together (and not losing one of the letters!). I cut them apart with my scissors, so I could spell out fun words with them...
I've had some people ask... "how do you get them straight on your project"? I use a ruler to line them up. For adhesive, I use Tombo Mono wet glue, just a dab on each letter. You'll have a few seconds to move them around before they dry.

The ruler also helps me find the center of my card, and that is where I start with attaching the letters. I glued the "A" first and then worked my way out. Same with the next line, I glued the heart first in the center and then the "Y" and "U".
These are the little papers I used for the letters. When you are done, you'll have lots of cute leftovers to use the negatives on another project! I can just see these stitched together like a little quilt.

I used Hibiscus Burst ink and Harvest Gold ink on the hearts. The hearts and sentiment are from Heart-2-Heart #3 (same one I used in my post yesterday). Who knew a $5.00 stamp set could be so much fun?



21 comments:

Suzanne said...

Danielle, I just love your blog and everything you make. Always such great use of color and unique designs. Thanks for sharing the tutorial on these letters...I've been wondering about them!

Brandi said...

Danielle,
This is so cute! The pastel colors just pop off the dark background. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Danielle, these are lovely!!! The colors are beautiful!!! I love that die set!! Hugs!!

Rebecca M said...

These are fantastic, love that each letter is a different paper.

BethW said...

I got to have me those dies-they are fantastic!

Annette Allen said...

wow i totally love this...such a fun way to do sentiments...

Leigh Penner said...

I just got my dies yesterday, Danielle and am anxious to play with them..... unfortunately I'm at work and will have to wait until after school.... ;)

Melissa said...

So darling Danielle! I adore these little lovelies!
Melis

janmjax said...

I love the patterned paper against the grey background! Thanks for the tutorial Danielle! I love that little $5 set too and my alpha dies are on their way! =)

June K said...

You make it look so easy. I love the pretty letters. Thanks.

Winnie said...

Such pretty cards. I love the die cut letters and the choices of fun papers you used and the heart as a letter!

Karen Rose said...

Great tutorial Danielle! I don't have this die yet but I will come to my house sometime :) I'll bookmark your blog post for when it does. Thanks.

Pendra said...

$5.00 who'd have guessed it could do so much! Cute cards... and you're right, you can never have too many thank you cards!

pamela said...

Pretty! I love those sharp and colorful letters against a dark grey background!

Kiwii said...

j'adore!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

So sweet love what you did with these letters!

Mary Ann said...

Love it!so cute going to have to try it...

The Scrappy Tree said...

These are so cute! What handy little letters :)
Gayle x

Sandy said...

Very nice!
Sandy

Jennifer K said...

Awesome cards! I really like the colorful patterned paper against the dark gray cardstock. Thanks for the tip on using the ruler - it's an easy one to remember!

Shellye McDaniel said...

wowee! lovin' these cards...the colors, the font...so very cute :)