Friday, August 30, 2013

a start on a December Daily mini album...

It's mini album week on the Pink Paislee blog, and I had fun with the Snow Village line. Wanted to get a little start on my December Daily, so I'll share a few pages I've started in it. I'll keep working on it... and add, add, add!

I LOVE making mini albums. Mostly because I enjoy mixing and matching colors and patterns, and love adding texture...and mini albums are a great way to add tons of texture to a project (and lots of photos)!

I've used the Artisan 4x8" covers for the front and back and just made my own inside pages, some of them are the Artisan tab pages that go in the album, and some of the pages are just ones I made myself with patterned paper, cardstock, stamps, journaling cards, etc. On the front, I painted with white acrylic paint, added some Artisan ribbon sprayed with Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in Chartreuse. Then added some of the Snow Village canvas stickers, clear stickers and chipboard. I used Heidi's Black Velvet Color Shine to sprinkle on a few drops of black on the front.

On the first inside page spread, I decided to paint the inside back of the cover and leave it open for photos. I added a paperclay button I made myself (video for that is on my blog) and a piece of scrunched seam binding. On the other side, I used an Artisan paper and rubbed it with stamping ink, a color called Aqua Mist by Papertrey Ink. It's such a pretty teal and goes perfectly with this line!

One thing I love to do in my minis is add lots of things to turn and flip! I added little glassine bags to house little photos (wallet size) and also added journaling cards to write on - they are not attached to the pages, they are loose and just hooked onto the rings. This way you can enjoy the front and the back of them.

You could certain journal on the back of some of these cards... or add photos!






On the second page spread, I used another Artisan paper on the right and rubbed it with a gray stamping ink called Soft Stone by Papertrey Ink. It really brings out the pretty circles. I added a collage paper from Snow Village on the left side.

A half-doily dresses up the glassine bag with a felt snowflake, Snow Village chipboard and some Artisan stars. I have inked a few of them up with red ink. The blue snowflake is from the Snow Village clear stickers.

The third page spread is stamped on the left with the Snow Village stamps. Added some Artisan ribbon sprayed with Heidi Swapp's Color Shine like I did on the front cover and a big striped ribbon from my stash.



On the fourth page, I have cut some of the patterned paper for the left, added a clear snowflake sticker to the top, a flower chipboard and an Artisan Element circle over the top! Oh, see the little label underneath? Those are new from the Sentiments Series line!

On the right are lots of journaling cards again, a glassine bag and a scalloped vellum banner.

I've got more to add for sure, but I'll stop there for today! Hope you gained some ideas for your next mini album.

Pink Paislee products used: Snow Village collection, Artisan collection, Luxe collection, Sentiment Series. Other: Heidi Swapp's Color Shine - Chartreuse and Black Velvet, glassine bags, ribbon, stamping inks by Papertrey Ink in Aqua Mist and Soft Stone, paperclay button, and seam binding.

7 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

GORGEOUS!!

Pat said...

So, so cute! I love all the little pieces and parts peeking out! Have a great weekend!

MichelleB said...

It's just beautiful! Love the colors and patterns!

Rose Curtis said...

Love love love your book , it is soooo adorable!

Linda Nicholson said...

Glad I'm not the only person out there thinking of my December Daily! Love what you've done so far!

Linda

cards by cara said...

So pretty! Thanks for the ideas on using the resit papers!

Lindsey said...

What a work of art! So much eye candy in this darling album.