Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Letterpress...

Just popping in to let you know that sign ups for the Studio Calico Letterpress class have been extended until Sept. 15th, so get signed up today if you haven't already!

Meanwhile, here is a video showing you what it's all about. Letterpress is a technique that debosses your paper while stamping a design into the paper at the same time. As a cardmaker, I'm excited for the possibilities to get that "professional" look to my cards. The Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress system will work in your existing die cutting machine. (I have a Cuttlebug.) Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them!



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oooooooh!!!! Do you need special plates or will this work with acrylic stamps too, Danielle? I saw this machine at my LSS and am so happy to see it in action here on your blog - gorgeous card!

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi Suzanne, I found out you do need the plates, as an acrylic stamp would get squashed in the machine and make a really messy stamped image. These images are more firm. Hope that helps! Danielle