Saturday, August 24, 2013

3pm EST: "Gallon:Quart:Pint Color Challenge"

Here is your next challenge, Stamp-a-Faire goers!

Select a color scheme from your recipe box and incorporate the "gallon/quart/pint principle". I chose to use Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening and Pure Poppy colors by Papertrey Ink for my card.
As you can probably tell, Aqua Mist is the "gallon". It's the color I used the most of with the background and stamped lines from Teacher Tickets. The second most used color is Enchanted Evening, so that is the "quart" color. I stamped two apples, the sentiment and used twine in the darker blue color. The "pint" color is the least used on my card, which is Pure Poppy. Even though there is only a bit, I think it stands out the most, don't you?
Neutrals actually don't count as a color, so the die cut numbers in white don't count. I had fun stacking the numbers die cut with the By the Numbers Border Die. I was inspired by this stacked number project life card (scroll down to the black numbers) I saw on Pinterest. Well, I can't wait to see your take on the "Gallon/Quart/Pint" challenge. Have fun!




Back 2 School card:
STAMPS: Teacher Tickets stamps (line), Back To School stamps (apples and sentiment)
INK: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Enchanted Evening and New Leaf inks
PAPER: Aqua Mist and white cardstock
DIES: By the Numbers Border dies, Back To School dies
OTHER: pearls by Melissa Frances, twine by The Twinery, machine stitching.

8 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I love this card so much! The colors work so well together and I'm thinking this would be a perfect type card to send to my "baby" who just moved away to start college and let her know I'm thinking of her. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

maria f. said...

Too cool for school!

June K said...

All the colors work so well together and I like the white numbers. Really pretty card.

Melissa said...

The cutest card in entire world Danielle! I adore this!
Melis

Suzanne Russell said...

Love it, Dani! Great color combo and example of the G/Q/P theory. Thank you!

Maureen said...

As a teacher whose lovely summer is coming to an end, I must say this is my favourite back to school card EVER! I'm CASEing if you don't mind :)

Bonnie T. said...

I agree, the red does stand out the most; it's so eye catching. It really proves that the color choices for each ratio have as much of an impact as the ratio itself. Thanks for sharing, Danielle!

SheriE. said...

I always love the pop of red. Love the stacked numbers. So very cute.