Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Creative Cardmaker: Do the Splits...

In my Creative Cardmaker post over at Scrapbook Expo today, I'm talking about splitting your card fronts! I have been noticing this as a trend quite a bit lately...it's not really a new technique, but I really wanted to give it a try! It's a great little spot to house a sentiment and really draws your eye to it!

The card front is actually just cut with a paper trimmer, but Papertrey Ink has these really cute Sentiment Splits dies that are shaped with curves and fun shapes that will cut a little spot for your sentiment also!

The Peonies on Parade were stamped and embossed with white embossing powder, then colored in with Papertrey Ink ink pads: Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz, New Leaf and Ripe Avocado inks. I stamped the ink pads onto an acrylic block, then painted them onto my flowers with a tiny bit of water. I used the Big Hugs stamps and dies for the sentiment and Soft Stone cardstock in the background.

Please stop over to Scrapbook Expo's Weekly Scrapper blog to read more!

6 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

your watercoloring is so pretty and I like this design!

Happy Little Crafter said...

Thank you for starting out my day with a huge smile after I saw this post and your wonderful creativity and paper crafting talents ^_^

jintyoo7 said...

Absolutely beautiful :-)

Holly Saveur said...

in LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with this card..so beautiful!

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Danielle! I think I'm seeing you water-color on heavy cardstock... am I right? or is it water-color paper? Who knew you could mix water with your die inks?!!
Absolutely beautiful card!
=]

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Danielle!