Monday, February 1, 2016

Pedal Pusher revisited...

Happy Monday! The senior design team for Papertrey Ink is revisiting an older stamp set today called Pedal Pusher to share a few more ideas of what you can do with it! I had SO much fun with it! The layering possibilities are amazing with this set of stamps and dies!

First, I made this card and used the leaves from the stamp set to stamp around the edges of a white piece of cardstock. I added some tiny flowers from the Quilted: Summer stamp set. The bottom striped piece of cardstock was created by stamping with Background Basics: Super Stripes stamps with Raspberry Fizz ink onto Lovely Lady cardstock.

The bicycle die cuts are so much fun, because they have several layers you can stamp, so the bike pieces are in different colors, such as the wheels and basket. I cut a seat separately and trimmed it off the bicycle die, so I could stamp it in aqua and add it over the top of the orange bike.
The vellum butterflies were die cut with the Cover Plate: Bitty Butterflies. You can find the vellum HERE. Some of them are folded in half to just show the profile of the butterfly!
Life Is a Beautiful Ride card:
STAMPS: Pedal Pusher, Quilted: Summer
NK: Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, Ripe Avocado, Lovely Lady
PAPER: white, Lovely Lady
DIES: Pedal Pusher, Cover Plate: Bitty Butterflies
OTHER: enamel hearts.
------

Next, I used gray cardstock in the background (just one from my crafty stash) and layered a Cover Plate: Bitty Butterflies die cut over the top trimmed in vellum.
The banner was made to set over the top of the empty space on the butterfly cover plate. I like how it grounds the bicycle, so it's not "floating" on the card.

Here you can see the dimension a bit better. I love this cute bicycle die! It has special meaning to me now, as my new guy talked me into buying a road bike and bicycling with him, his favorite past time. THIS is the one I got, and it has aqua on it, my favorite, so I had to stamp this bicycle with aqua!
Just Keep On Pedaling card:
STAMPS: Pedal Pusher, Quilted: Summer
INK: Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, Aqua Mist, True Black
PAPER: white cardstock and Sheer Basics Vellum by PTI, gray cardstock-craft supply
DIES: Pedal Pusher, Cover Plate: Bitty Butterflies
OTHER: clear sequins - Pretty Pink Posh.
-------

Visit Betsy, Dawn, Melissa and Heather to see more ideas with Pedal Pusher. 
Have a great day!

9 comments:

Betty Sue said...

LOve this set and it has inspired me to get it out and use it!!! Beautiful!!

JanetB said...

Cute cards, and great going on your new bike. Road biking is fun!

Diana K said...

I can see that you were really inspired :) Love these classic Danielle beauties! Pretty and cute with gorgeous colours (love the Raspberry Fizz/Lovely Lady stripe you stamped). DH and I have both been passionate bikers for a good part of our lives, but I could never brave the big roads.

jan metcalf said...

Love how you can use different inks for different parts on the bike! Lovely cards!

cards by cara said...

Gorgeous, as always! And wonderful to hear you are enjoying yourself, out trying new things! You deserve EVERY happiness. <3

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, delicate cards Danielle :-)

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous cards!!

Debra said...

Brilliant use of the set.

Amy Sheffer said...

I LOVE these cards, Danielle! Gorgeous! And I totally want that bike! With a pink basket and seat!