Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Introducing Peonies on Parade, Paper Clippings and Inspired...

Today Betsy Veldman and I are introducing some new products that will be released at Papertrey Ink on Feb. 15th, so let's get started! I can't wait to show you my four cards!

First up, I've used the new Peonies on Parade stamps and dies to create the flowers. The gorgeous sentiment die cut is from the brand new Paper Clippings: Happy Day dies! I love this die!! The font is gorgeous. I trimmed away the little flowers and just used the saying part of the die.

I've used Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet cardstocks and inks for the flowers and Aqua Mist for the leaves with Tropical Teal in the background.

Next, I used the new Peonies on Parade watercolor paper. The stripe and the yellow cardstock are a new color called Bright Buttercup! Looks so pretty with the purple watercolor paint.

The sentiment is again from the Paper Clippings: Happy Day dies.

On the third card, I stamped the "Oh Happy Day" in the center with the Paper Clippings: Happy Day stamps, then used the flowers from the die. I trimmed the flowers off the die and placed them around the saying. I actually cut 3 different colors of them to make a pretty "frame" for the sentiment.

The great thing about stamping in black is if you make a mistake and the stamp doesn't cover completely, you can take a black fine point Sharpie and touch up the words! (Don't ask me how I know. lol)

Last, we have the Modern Background Stencils Collection. I used one of the stencils on this Peonies on Parade watercolor sheet and masked off the flower. I actually painted the flower first, then masked it off and stenciled around it with the Modern Stencils and some Heidi Swapp mist. I trimmed off the sides and placed it onto white cardstock.

The savior sentiment is from the new Inspired: Savior stamps and dies.

Visit Nichole Heady's blog for all of the fun festivities happening each day, as there are challenges and prizes to be won during the anniversary festivities, and visit Papertreyink.com on February 15th at 10pm EST to grab all of these fun new products!

12 comments:

Donna Cala said...

Dawn's Peony set went from "love it" to "gotta have it right now." I just love all the cards you made and you really showcased the versatility of the set.

Gina said...

You have highlighted these sets wonderfully, Danielle! That new yellow does look fantastic with the purple watercolor. Beautiful cards!!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty looks Danielle!

bailey19 said...

Really like this card. Great Job

Kathy Mc said...

Oh Happy Day, Danielle! All your cards are beautiful and love the variety of ways you showcased the new products. Awesome work!

Lynn Put said...

Danielle you have the most wonderful style to your papercrafting whether it's card making or scrapbooking, all of it is beautiful. I love your color combinations on your cards today, the aqua and the melon, the new yellow with the bright pink and especially the stenciled lime green with raspberry. So pretty!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

GORGEOUS CARDS!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

MTPatB said...

The peony stamp and die set is so versatile. You showcased some nice ways to use them and the Happy Day set too.

Nancy Penir said...

Well, your pix are a feast in themselves, and then to look at each element is simple eye candy. Gorgeous all!

Dee said...

Gorgeous, Danielle! Love the peonies and sentiments which are so useful for Easter. This is a set I hope to get soon.

nancy said...

You are so great at layering vellum. The different sizes of the dots, along with the narrower piece of Aqua Mist c/s all work so well together. And you've made me seriously consider buying the watercolor sheets. They give a wonderful starting place and then you add the magic. I hope that mine will turn out half as good.

Jenny said...

Gorgeous cards and great colour combos Danielle.