Wednesday, February 17, 2016

More stenciled cards...

Today I chose to just sit and play. I haven't done this in ages...just creating for fun, not for work, while listening to audios on things I've been wanting to learn about myself. Feels so good to take time for me and just let out my creativity. Does that make sense?

The Modern Stencils Collection by Papertrey Ink was used for the backgrounds with the same technique I shared in my post over at Scrapbook Expo. The stamps I've used are Bitty Bouquets and Big Birthday Wishes.

On this one, I used Aqua Mist ink in the background with Tropical Teal ink on the "Enjoy". The stencil looks great in a lighter color than your focal point, but in the same color family.

What are you doing today? I hope you have an opportunity to take time for you and get into your happy place! xo We all need that so much, and that's what cardmaking does for me.
Danielle

16 comments:

maria f. said...

Just beautiful, all three. And I hope that wonderful things come your way today!

Kathy Mc said...

These cards are very striking, Danielle! I'm eager for my stencils to arrive so I can "blend" away and CASE your cards. Hope all is well with you. We all need some "me" time every so often.

Nora Noll said...

What lovely cards!!! Now I wish I had gotten those darn stencils!!

Virginia L. said...

I love how the subtle stenciled background gives!! The layering and colors are simply FABULOUS!

Ashwini Rao said...

Beauty and elegance combined! Love those little flowers - and the beautiful background - just enough to create a stunning card!

Patti Willey said...

Very attractive Danielle! Love your light stenciled background, a soft touch for these precious flower clusters!

Janet said...

Please Danielle. Do this more often. For you. For us.

jintyoo7 said...

Hello Danielle,

it makes perfect sense and glad you had a "YOU" day - so deserved! Love these variants of the bitty bouquet card - BEAUTIFUL!! And, love how you used the stencils :-)

Diana K said...

Oh my goodness, more beautiful things for me to look at! Love how you shot your cards against that aqua background - your photos are mad gorgeous!

Denise p. said...

These are gorgeous.....I can almost feel the joy you created. I am gonna carve out some time to do the same this week...thanks for the inspiration.

MelissaF said...

Gorgeous cards, love the soft stenciled backgrounds and the color combos!

Susi said...

I absolutely adore what you did with these stencils & stamp sets! Such gorgeous cards, and if you ask me, you added the most perfect sentiment for how you spent your day!

Denise p. said...

I am so inspired by these beautiful designs. Danielle, where is the best source to get these beautiful white irridescent sequins? They really add such a special touch.
Thanks!

Danielle Flanders said...

Denise, they are clear sequins by PrettyPinkPosh.com! I love them and use them so much. They add a bit of sparkle, without overdoing the design! Thanks!
Danielle

Denise p. said...

Thank you so much, Danielle.

Holly Saveur said...

So gorgeous!