Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Challenge #16....

The next challenge is up at Cardalicious! Come on over and see the beautiful cards the ladies made! The challenge was to create a card using red, black, bling and letter stickers.

I chose to use Pink Paislee's Fascinating line. The background paper is already scalloped, and I cut it 12" x 5" and then folded the ends in to overlap. Next, I cut a strip of the polkadot paper for the bottom piece and added a ribbon to the bottom also. Then I adhered a black chipboard leaf and a flower cut from the Irresistible paper. I added a rub on saying to another one of the chipboard pieces and a bracket. Lastly, some bling and letter stickers to spell "you". I tied a little bit of twine to hold it shut.

I hope you will try these challenges, they are a lot of fun and I think they are easy because they force me to narrow down my choices when thinking about what to make! (If you are like me, I have WAY too much "stuff" and sometimes it's hard to narrow down what to use!)

It was fun to see the different colors that everyone put together with their red and black. Have a sweet day!

22 comments:

Marianela said...

Cute card! I just love this flower!
XOXO from Spain

Danielle Holsapple said...

GORGEOUS! I love the color combo here!

Ginger said...

beautiful as always Danielle!!!

Unknown said...

great card Danielle!!!!

Eva said...

WOW, Dani, this is one amazingly gorgeous card....just yummy!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Adorable, love the challenge!

Dena said...

I LOVE this card Dani! The colors are phenomenal and the design, flawless as always!

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this challenge!! Your so right I have to much stuff and it's too many choices!!

Beautiful card!!! You always come up with great ideas!!

Unknown said...

it is really lovely
the combination of colours in the card seems great
congrat for your work
lovely

whoistracy said...

What a fabulous card! It just makes me smile looking at it- love it!

Dria said...

WOW, Fabulous card! Your designs are breathtaking.

Leslie Ashe said...

whoa...your card is soooo gorgeous Dani :D Pink Paislee and you go SO well together. :D

Have a lovely day,
Leslie

Jona Panesa said...

oh dani. this is really a great card.

Audrey Pettit said...

Your card is SO fabulous, Dani! I just went with a rather boring, but classic, plain red and black scheme. But you really knocked this one out of the ball park. I just love it!

Dolores said...

wow this is gorgeous!

Mikkel Paige said...

Beautiful, Danielle! Great idea with the scalloped paper.

Nicole said...

Not only do I love the design but the colors are scrumptious!

floridagirl said...

Dani - this is just gorgeous!!!

Babydoll said...

I love how dramatic this paper line looks. :)

Babydoll said...

I love how dramatic this paper line looks. :)

Linda said...

Gorgeous, Danielle!!
LOVE the rich colors of that card!!

Pilar (pilynor o pilarika) said...

ohhhhhhhhh!!! it´s so beautiful ... i love all your projects ... i am fan of you!!!!

please visit my blog ...

Pilar from spain ...

www.scrapchicbypily.blogspot.com