Monday, March 30, 2009

From the stars....

Happy Monday to you! I've been inspired lately by all the scrapbookers who tear the edges of their papers, love that distressed look. So on this page, I cut out the middle of the die cut circle, then folded the edges back and stitched around the circle. Pics are of my little one who is now 3 1/2. I cheated a little bit, these pics aren't exactly the night she was born (as the rub on says)...she was actually in the ICU for 3 days with a heart defect that she was born with. She looks so sweet with her chubby cheekies! I miss these days!
Supplies:
Background paper: Making Memories Noteworthy
Die cut circle: Fresh Twist

Lined paper: Attic Treasures
Remember When sticker: 12" border stickers
Chipboard stars: Glitter Christmas
Pearls: Attic Treasures
Rub on saying: Baby Girl Transfers
Angel resin:
Cherished Cherubs Applique Set
Embroidery Floss: DMC
Punch: Lace border punch by Fiskars
(all by Melissa Frances unless otherwise noted)

That was then... here she is now, my little peanut. They grow so fast, don't they?And a little card that I made for a swap pal with more of the Fresh Twist papers by Melissa Frances:
Supplies:
Papers: Fresh Twist line by Melissa Frances
Rub on sayings: Spring Fling Transfers by Melissa Frances
Rub on swirls: Monogram Transfer Frame-Fancy by Melissa Frances
Blue Gem: new gems by Melissa Frances
Button: Creative Cafe
Orange flower: Prima
Felt flower: unknown

Punch: Lace border punch by Fiskars

Don't forget about the crop this weekend at Create My Keepsake and the fun blog hop for Pink Paislee (in my last post)! Also you still have time to leave a comment over at Cut Cardstock to win some beautiful colored cardstock! Have a great day,

25 comments:

Maria Therese said...

beautifull!!

Pilar (pilynor o pilarika) said...

Hi Danielle, I love all yours projects ... they are so beautiful ...

If you want to visit my blog here is the link

www.scrapchicbypily.blogspot.com

I´m just starting with the scrapbooking world .... I hope that you like it ...

Pilar ... (from spain)

Anonymous said...

I love your Lo! The Angel's are perfect with that saying!!! And your card is awesome!!! I love these paper's. On another subject I can't want to get my card kit with that cute Easter basket!! have a great day!! Char

Tracey Taylor said...

I love the design on that LO. very striking. love all the distressing on both projects.

Anonymous said...

These are all just gorgeous, Danielle!

Sasha Farina said...

gorgeous projects Dani! That layout is oh so precious!

Wendy Kwok said...

Lovely LO you did! I love the stitiching and the design....

Andrea Amu said...

Beautiful! Love the circle framing around the baby pix...and that rub-on is so sweet!

Eva said...

Dani, they are gorgeous projects...love the sweetness of your layout and your card is adorable, too. Love the distressed edging.

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful, beautiful! It's always such a treat to see a page from you, as well as your gorgeous cards!

Danielle Holsapple said...

Great distressing! And I always love your stitching! WOnderful!

Bea said...

lovely little star

Terri said...

Absolutely gorgeous, as always Dani!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Your LO is gorgeous!! Love the glittered stars and stitching! Your card is fabulous!!! Love the sentiment on that great big button!!! Clever!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

These are both gorgeous! I love the distressing on the layout and the card is stunning!!

Nicole said...

Beautiful job on the distressing and your card is just perfect!

Unknown said...

beautiful girlie - love it!

roree said...

So beautiful, Dani!!!

Linda said...

As I said it before....YOU DO THE PRETTIEST Job on your cards and scrapbook layouts. Your daughter is beauitful, and as you said they grow up soooo very fast. My baby is having a baby in June, oh my gosh, how did that happen!!! I don't know about everyone else but, I want to see a picture of the area and your organizational tips of where you create!!! You must have a pieceful enviroment to think of such beautiful creations.
Grace & Peace to you,
Linda

Melonie said...

That LO is gorgeous Dani!

Liz said...

What a gorgeous layout and your stitching is perfection! Love the then and now photos of your dd and the card is really precious. TFS.

Davinie Fiero said...

That layout is just gorgeous, Dani! You are really coming into your own. Miss ya sweets.

Kandis Smith said...

Love your baby page--those shooting stars are really cool!

Anonymous said...

Love your work, especially the distressing!

Shirley said...

Love how you cut the center out Dani! I might have to lift this idea!