Friday, July 2, 2010

the Color Room....

If you are in need of a great challenge site, I have a very inspiring one for you! It's called The Color Room and each week, different challenges/color palettes/sketches are offered.

This week, palette #13 is a mix of colors that are a little unexpected, but I found it really fun to look through my stash for things that would work with it! I loved digging into some old and some new items and putting them together. Even though my colors didn't turn out EXACTLY like the challenge colors, it was awesome inspiration. I only wish I had time to work on that sketch!! Isn't it amazing!?

I couldn't find any grey patterned paper in my stash -- gasp! So I decided that I could use grey cardstock and dress it up with some old white Tinkering Ink rub ons that I found. I added them to the top of my card. Then I also found an old rub on saying by Scenic Route and adhered it to the ribbon.

So...check out The Color Room when you get a chance, they are really a ton of inspiring artists there to make you want to run to your scrap room and get busy!!
Danielle

Supplies: dark grey cardstock; ribbon - Morex; doily, felt, button- craft supply; butterfly - Jenni Bowlin; Artisan tape (burgundy) - Pink Paislee; white rub ons - Tinkering Ink; rub on saying - Scenic Route; resin photo corner - Melissa Frances.

10 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

Absolutely lovely! And the pallette is very cosy!

~* steph :) *~ said...

such a pretty pretty card! i love the color combination. love the pretty shape, doilie, felt pieces, DPs, and beautiful button! thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Liz said...

Hi Danielle! Looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations for the Paper Poppy. Thank you for joining us this month.

Mel said...

Beautiful card Dani!

Leslie Ashe said...

Dani, that card is GORGEOUS!
Happy July 4th!

Keshet said...

Love this color combo and love the card! I'll have to play along!

Larajc said...

this is a gorgeous card! Love the butterfly...what manufacturer is that?

Danielle Flanders said...

Lara, the butterfly is by Jenni Bowlin. :)

Jennifer Yates said...

LOVE LOVE this card! Such a beautiful color combo!

Kay said...

My goodness this is amazing!!! Love the colors and the card shape!! ♥♥ Kay