Tuesday, July 27, 2010

fun with tickets and arrows...

Just some fun little cards made with the July kit at The Paper-Poppy!

The tickets in the kit reminded me of going to the movies, so I thought it would be cute to have a movie party in the fall/winter when the weather gets chilly! My daughter has a November birthday, and I'm always looking for indoor party ideas for her birthday. I printed the when and where on the patterned paper with my computer and then cut a rectangle shape for the card. Then I traced a 1/2 circle out of each side of the card to create the ticket. You could also make popcorn boxes with a template such as this one.
I loved the arrows in the Sassafras paper! They make a cute background for a "what's up?" card! I grouped some of the buttons and chipboard in the center for added detail. The small letters are little alphabet stamps from my stash. You could also use it for "growing up", "never give up", "lighten up your day", etc. To find different sayings and quotes for my cards, I use the internet quite a bit!

Thank you to the Paper-Poppy for letting me be a part of your fabulous kit club this month!
Danielle

7 comments:

amycornwell said...

You are SO talented and inspiring. I love every single thing you make. You're awesome!

~amy~ said...

super fun & sweet projects!

Melonie said...

Adorable Dani! Love the idea of a movie party! CUTE!

Kay said...

Where do I start... SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Love how you stitched the clouds and the ticket invite is absolutely adorable!! Sassasfras goodies are so much fun, too!
♥♥ Kay

Caterina said...

What fantastic idea! I always wait your new posts! greetings from Italy!

danni reid. said...

fabulous, you KNOW i love these ;)

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea for a movie night ticket, too cute!!!!! I love the bright colors you used on all of these they really draw your eyes in!!!

Hope you have a great weekend Danielle!
e.