Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Paper Poppy kit club...

Each Tuesday in July, I'll be posting some goodies made with the Paper Poppy kit and this week we were challenged to use circles on a project! I ended up making two cards for the challenge....
I adore these little flowers that came in the kit, so easy to just peel and stick them! The little tag on the side was made by punching a circle with my punch and then cutting it in half. I punched a hole in it for tying on the ribbon.
To create the balloons on this card, I punched 3 large circles and then punched a heart out of each circle for a negative effect! Raising some of them up with pop dots shows off the negative punch a little better. You know how I feel about dimensional things! ;)

I embossed the background with the Cuttlebug machine, then drew the strings with pencil and stitched over the lines by hand before adhering the front of the card to the base.

The "Happy Day" sentiment is cut from one of the Cosmo Cricket Joy Ride journaling cards! (and the Airmail too)

PS. You may have wondered why I haven't been machine stitching on my projects? My new sewing maching and I are fighting right now. I will update when we are back on speaking terms!

Sending you wishes for a great day,
Danielle

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love these both, i really like how cute your balloon card is! sorry your sewing machine and you are fighting, i am fortunate that my mom lives close to me that she just comes over and solves my issue right away, but i understand the frustration in sewing machines, so hopefully it will give in to you soon :)

Keshet said...

Really cute project! Hope your sewing machine surrenders soon!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!!

Kay said...

These are darling! The little flowers are adorable and those balloons are just TOO sweet!! I love the stitched balloon strings! Good luck with your sewing machine. I'm cheering for you, Danielle!!! :) ♥♥ Kay

LucianaW said...

Great job, are beautiful cards!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Congrats, kisses from Brazil!

Sherry Wright said...

Adorable Danielle, love the layout below as well. You rock. ;)