Monday, June 15, 2009

Glimmer Mist and Scenic Route!

= A super.fun.combination! The June card kit from Create My Keepsake went up for sale last night to members and will be available to non-members tomorrow! I'll be back with a link for you tomorrow to purchase this kit! Meanwhile, I will tease you just a bit with what you will be getting from the kit...(hee hee) These are the backsides of some of the papers....awesome patterns and colors from Scenic Route's Garden Grove line! There are also 2 clear acrylic cards in this kit by Sheetload of Cards! Here are the 5 cards that you get directions to make in the kit....
Happy Day acrylic card
I cut a hole in the acrylic card for the star to hang. It's kind of hard to see in the photos...
On the "My Pal" card, I used the Glimmer Mist from the kit to create this background and misted over one of the felt stars. I didn't stick the star down first, just laid it on my cardstock, so some of the mist went under the star. If you want a more perfect star, you could stick the star down first. I kind of liked the messy look, so I kept it. I cut some of the felt stars to add over the top after it was dry.
Totally Awesome Dad card (yes, the pattern for the star is in the kit too!)
On this "flag" card, I used the circle cardstock for a mask and misted over it. Then cut small strips of the circle cardstock to attach back over the card to create "stripes" for the flag. Inside says, "to be free! Happy 4th of July!"
Then, after I was done misting over the circles on the last card, I attached it to this card! (I sprayed the Glimmer Mist on the back of the red circles.)
I am going to have to get more colors of the mist, I had a blast using it and would love to try more things with it! Right now I only have 2 colors of mist. Definitely addicting. I'll be back with the link to purchase and some Label Tulip projects. =)

12 comments:

Lisa said...

You certainly know how to sell a kit...your projects are AWESOME! And I became hooked on Glimmer Mist after my first use. I had always been intimidated by it...decided it probably couldn't hurt me...get it a try...and BAM! Instant love! LOL!

Hope you are having a Happy Monday!!!

Laina said...

That is one awesome card kit and you did a great job showcasing it with the cards!

Kay said...

Thank you so much for the Glimmer Mist tips! I have one bottle and I needed some ideas of how to use it. Your "flag" card is marvelous! I LOVE how you stitched the waves on it.

And, wow!!! What a great card kit!!!!♥♥ Kay

Liz said...

awesome awesome

Melonie said...

Would you believe I have yet to try glimmer mists? I totally want to now after seeing your amazing cards! LOVE them all! Hope you have a super week.

Shirley said...

That is an awesome kit and your cards are fantastic! Love the dangling star! Another great and creative group of cards Dani!

Mary - said...

totally amazing work dani - i am so in love with acrylic card & hanging star, just awesome girl - now i need this kit. lol. thx for the fab inspo! :) smiles, m-

amycornwell said...

Hey Danielle - love this kit! Can you give me the link for it? I can't find the right one on Create My Keepsake's website (maybe I'm just missing it?!) Thanks!

amycornwell said...

I love how as soon as I type out an email for a link, I find it. I'm sorry!

sarah said...

LOVE the projects!!!!! i'm going to have to check this kit out.

hugs,
sarah.

Clear Cards said...

Thanks for the nice looking different cards. I hope these cards are more inspirational and helpful for the new comer.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool site you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.