Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a little sneak peek...

The September kits over at Jenni Bowlin are going to be so much fun! Here is a little peek!
Check back on the 31st to see more!
The flower you see here isn't a new idea...I know I've seen it somewhere before, and I'm thinking maybe from Betsy's blog? What I did was punch nine 2" circles from vintage book paper. One of them will be your base. With the other 8 circles, you will fold each of them in 1/2 and then in 1/2 again. Layer 4 of these on your flower base and glue around, covering the base circle. Layer the next 4 on top of those and glue. I used a strong, quick holding glue by Helmar called 450 Quick Dry Adhesive. Worked awesome!  When dry, fluff them up a bit and top off with a button and a sticker.
I tucked 2 little star stickers in my sentiment for a little extra pizazz. :)
Did you guess what line this is? It's Jenni Bowlin's new Family Tree line. Love, love, love!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! I will have to try one :-)

Evgenia Petzer said...

great card, Danielle!

lizzaveta said...

So cute card!!!

Cathy said...

love this, gotta try that flower!

Sarah Mullanix said...

this card is absolutely gorgeous, I love that flower and color combo!! :)

jen said...

Love this combo- and your stars keep the sentiment focal!!! Always so awesome, Danielle!

Keshet said...

That is so so cute!

curlyqmosaics said...

What a cute card and flower! TFS!!!

claudia shadler said...

pretty pretty, I'm a big fan of yer cards! so fun! I luv the paper flowers and the way you used the star sticker from JB!

Hugs
C

Scrapcollectr said...

Thx for the flower idea! Can't wait to try it. Great card!