Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Elle's Studio: February...

Today is the Elle's Studio February release post, so I get to share all of the cards I made this time with the Feb. kit, Feb. wood veneer: "Key To My Heart" and the Always + Forever limited edition stamp set...
Inspired by the adorable and colorful heart die cut strip, I painted my card background with watercolors on the "Heartfelt Thanks" card to kind of match the colors in the die cut. I think it really softens the sharp corners of the die cut and adds an artsy, soft feel. The "heartfelt thanks" is from the Mat Stack 3 Collection stamps by Papertrey Ink. I thought it went perfectly with the hearts!

"Hold Tight to This Moment" card: Here I've used one of my favorite cards from the Feb. kit and added a popped up die cut over the top, a wood veneer from the "Key To My Heart" set, then I used the stamps to create a vellum stamped/embossed banner to go with it.
Really felt like the colors were so great on this card that I didn't want much over the top to cover it up! Just simple and colorful.

Next, I liked the "I'm here for you" die cut from the kit, so I found a paper from the Sycamore Lane line by Elle's and trimmed it down for my background. I also punched some butterflies from the papers to add over the top.

Love all of the color on this one! Yet the touch of black is much needed. Adds a little bit of contrast.

Next the Always card...I used one of the die cuts over a background cut out with Cover Plate: Hearts by Papertrey Ink. I wanted to add it over white cardstock, so that it didn't take away from the colorful hearts on top.
The Always + Forever stamps were added last for a sentiment, and I punched two tiny holes at the top to slide in a pin.

Last are more die cuts from the Feb. kit. The dots were dry embossed in the background with a Swiss Dots embossing folder by Cuttlebug, and a die cut "thanks" was made with the new Swoosh die by Papertrey Ink coming out this month on the 15th.


Check out the new Design Team Gallery! Here are some links for you to shop the new Elle's products you see here! Also, starting today take 20% off all stamps, plus 14 items are on sale now! Sale ends February 15th at midnight EST.

2 comments:

claudia shadler said...

ooh, these are gorgeous! luv the stitching on card with the butterflies.

C

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Danielle,

CUTENESS at it's best!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba