Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All dressed up...

Over at Studio Calico today, we were discussing our love for all the scrapbooking products we have. And that maybe we have too many products in our stashes? People who don't scrapbook don't seem to understand why we have so much stuff. That's when a member named "amyjk" chimed in with this:

I am a proud owner of stuff...
   stuff that I use to make cards that help me keep in touch, send comfort and love,
   stuff that I use to pay tribute to friends and loved ones and their impact on my life,
   stuff that I use to tell the stories that I want to remember forever,
   stuff that I use to exercise my creativity and spend time relaxing, playing and exploring,
   stuff that I use to bless others so that they too can be creative.
What I get out of my stuff is priceless to me!

How perfectly said. I just love it.  If I could have put into words how I felt about all that "stuff" I have, that is what I would have said! Just wanted to share that with you! So...don't  feel bad about all the STUFF you have! :)

I made one more page with my March kit from Jenni Bowlin. The background cardstock was sanded by me to show the raised design (new by Core'dinations). Also used new Jenni Bowlin Homespun papers, chipboard and pins, and I used Studio Calico sticker letters from last month's kit. I see that the March kit is all sold out, however the project kit and add-on kit are still available. You can sign up for a monthly membership if you'd like at the link above.
Kati still loves to dress up and get all girly. I so adore her! Such a little sweetheart. I never want these sweet days to end. I love how her arms still have that baby fat with dimples in her elbows and how soft and smooth her skin is. Still reminds me of that little baby she once was. The time is flying by MUCH too fast. She'll be 5 in June and off to Kindergarten soon. Sigh.
 This is the sketch that inspired me to create this page and is from the new sketch book by Pencil Lines! How cool is that! I flipped the sketch and used butterflies instead of the flowers.

Well, I'm off to watch American Idol! I have been missing it due to my DVR not working right. Can't miss it again! lol

XO,
Danielle

8 comments:

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

gorgeous page!

jen said...

So pretty! I love the paper pleated 'ribbon'! I have a little one that will be 5 next month & off to kindergarten in the fall too! Why does the time rush by in such a blur? I am totally enjoying where we are though!! :)

Babydoll said...

So cute and what precious photos. :)

Evgenia Petzer said...

love it!

Kay said...

So precious! The butterfly next to Kati's photo looks like she's got beautiful angel wings. This is amazing, Danielle!! ♥♥ Kay

Tara Powell said...

Oh, I LOVE this!!
Jenni Bowlin's new line is perfect for this layout, Danielle
:)

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

love that quote and I could not agree more!

super cute LO too Dani!!!

Bea said...

so sweet!!