Monday, March 29, 2010

Monochromatic Monday...

Good morning! Today was my day to do a "Monochromatic Monday" over at the Pink Paislee blog.

When I began my project, I was worried this was going to be a tough challenge, but it was actually fun to try and come up with a one-color scheme. I found that when working with a monochromatic scheme, it is best to add a lot of texture and pattern for more interest. I used a variety of stamps, rub ons, ribbon flowers, patterned paper and cork buttons. Also, creating with a nuetral color scheme can create a very sophisticated, elegant look ~ great for anniversary, wedding and elegant birthday cards!


Supplies used:
Queen Bee stamp set, silver and white cardstock, white grosgrain ribbon, Bayberry Cottage - Front Porch paper (houndstooth), Bayberry Cottage - 6x6" Paper Pad (small houndstooth circles), Bayberry Cottage Press Ons, Bayberry Cottage Cork Buttons, and Expressions Glitter Alphabet - Licorice.

Thanks for visiting today!
Danielle

6 comments:

Eva said...

Dani, these are so gorgeous and elegant...love what you did with the cork, now I wish I had picked it up, too. And your flowers are to die for!

Frances said...

I LOVE the cork...stunning!

Liz said...

dani stunning as usual

Kay said...

So wonderful! I have a hard time working with a monochromatic design and adding texture is a GREAT idea! I seriously love your ribbon flowers and how you stamped on the cork buttons. You are just so clever and creative! ♥♥ Kay

Melonie said...

Adorable! Loving that houndstooth.

Kristin said...

Nice theme for a Monday and lovely creations!