Tuesday, March 9, 2010

LOVE, love...

... the Queen Bee line. Seriously. Can you tell? :)

Do you have heritage photos you'd like to have a special place to store? I've created a layout that is also a pocket to hold some old photos that my mom has given me of my ancestors. I really love the colors in the Queen Bee line by Pink Paislee and think they work wonderfully with these old photos.

To create the folder, I cut the Honeycomb (brown) paper a bit longer and a bit wider than the Honeybee (yellow). At the top, I folded the brown paper over about 1-2 inches. I laid the yellow polkadot paper over the base paper and machine stitched around the edges to create the pocket. (Don't stitch the top closed.) You can create a clasp to hold the flap down with the Bella Brads. Adhere one brad to the flap and one to the front piece. Tie together with twine. The doily is a paper doily that I found in the baking section of AC Moore, and I cut a piece of Beehive paper to dress up the flap as well.

The Queen Bee frame stamp is stamped on the Beehive paper and cut out. I added some of the Queen Bee rub ons next to the photo. A tip with the rub ons: cut them into any shape you want! Here I just cut a small rectangle, but you could cut it into a circle or star shape before adding it to your page. The flower was made with crepe paper.

Here are some of the old photos I am going to put inside. They are all families of my great grandparents. Love looking at these, there are so many interesting details. A picture is worth a thousand words! Funny to think that I was created from these people! (well, you know what I mean) :)
Thanks for taking a peek today!
Danielle

16 comments:

Laurel said...

Love what you did with the Queen Bee line, I love that line! Love those pics too, I have some like that from my family.

Suzanne said...

Love this photo holder! It is just gorgeous!! I am anxious for the new papers to be available! have a great day!

Margot said...

a lay out/pocket full of inspiration! love it!

Anonymous said...

So creative and sooooo cute!!!

Nancy Wyatt said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Wish I lived close enough to go take the class! Hugs from Texas!

thestormyone said...

This is way awesome. i love the queen bee line. i hope my lss gets this line in! tfs

Wahkuna said...

I love this idea! Very cool!! :-) I love this Queen Bee Line! ;-)

veronica said...

your creation is beautiful! those old pics are always fun to look at.

Kay said...

What a gorgeous pocket to hold your heritage photos. This Queen Bee line is so beautiful and I agree, it's perfect for old photos. I love the sweet little doilie detail you added! ♥♥ Kay

Holly Moore said...

Fabulous! I love your blog. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work.

Kisha said...

This is just beautiful! I love all of your work. I must purchase products from the bee line, the colors are fabulous

Kisha said...

This is just beautiful! I love all of your work. I must purchase products from the bee line, the colors are fabulous

babsy said...

wonderful project !

Steph said...

Danielle, this is just stunning. I think Queen Bee has to be my favourite Pink Paisley line ever! I can't wait for it to hit the UK :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!

emily said...

I love love all of these, I wish I could layer like you do without it looking like I just piled stuff on! I have a ton of very old photos that I've been wanting to scan and play with, I really like this idea of a pocket for the originals!