Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bee happy...

This month I was asked to guest design for Hip 2 Be Square Scrapbooking's April kit... it's a fun mix of American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket and My Mind's Eye products! Here are a few cards that I've done so far. Love the colors in this kit...so happy!

On this next card, I drew out very quickly the honeycomb pattern with a pencil and then stitched over it with machine stitching. I didn't try to get it to look perfect, it's kind of fun just messy like that with the loose strings and such. :) I cut the card shape around the pattern after the stitching was done. The bee journaling card was square, but I didn't want it to cover too much of the stitching, so I cut it down a bit and rounded the right edge of it.

"Berry Sweet" card... layered some stickers from the sticker sheet and made little leaves from the green cardstock...
On the friend card, I printed the saying on the Cosmo journaling card with my computer and misted a paper doily with Sunshine Glimmer Mist. I like to get the paper doilies from AC Moore in the baking section, but you can order them in bulk on-line too!
I'll be back tomorrow with a Pink Paislee project! Thanks for visiting! :)
XO
Danielle

13 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

so very fun!!!

Eva said...

Oh my goodness...these are such fun cards...that Buzzing by to say hi card shape is genius!!!! Hugs, Eva

Unknown said...

so awesome. Just love your stuff.

Samm said...

Too cute!

Samm
x

Lisette Gibbons said...

Gorgeous cards.

Anonymous said...

I love them!! The colors are fresh and clean!!!

Cris Cunningham said...

OMGosh Danielle - you are just amazing girl! I love these cards. Can't wait to see what else you do with this kit. xoxo

jen said...

You are so creative!! I love the honeycomb! That kit sounds like a perfect combo of heavenly products!!! :)

Deana said...

Your cards are simply adorable, Danielle! :-)

Lynn said...

These cards look so fun and beautiful!
You're a really talented card maker! :)

Kay said...

Your honeycomb card is SO adorable!! Wow! I love ALL of your cards!! ;o) There are so super darling papers in this kit. I love the colors and patterns. I'll have to hop over on the link and take a closer look. ;o) Wonderful creations, Danielle! ♥♥ Kay

Melonie said...

OMG these are so cute! Love that little you're sweet tag and what you did with it:) Also in love with those bees. Too cute.

Jennifer said...

These are ADORABLE!!