Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Garden variety...

Here are a couple more pages made with the April kit from Hip 2 Be Square Scrapbooking!
On this first layout, I was inspired by the little blue ribbon chipboard (Garden Variety by Cosmo Cricket). It reminded me of the county fair that we went to this summer, and these cute pics of Kati eating a snow cone. I think this might have been her first one! They all had blue tongues and laughed and laughed about it!
I cut my own heart and title from the red cardstock (drew it out with a pencil and then cut around it). It's not perfect, but I like the punch that the red adds!
"Chasing the Chicks" was inspired by all the little chicks in the chipboard that came in the add-on kit. I had a bunch of farm photos from one time we were home visiting my family and stopped at Old MacDonald's Farm. The chickens were running loose and Kati was chasing them everywhere. Pretty funny! We were looking through the photos and reminiscing. Hard to believe it's been almost 2 years since then! They also have pig races and one of the pig's names is "Bar-B-Q". lol
I added the paper doily that I sprayed with Sunshine Glimmer Mist. The cute flowers are Sassafras Lass. I always have to add something swirly or pretty to my work. I don't know..it's a sickness! :)
Oooh, and I have something exciting to show you later this week! Another new line coming out soon by one of my favorite manufacturers! :) :)
Danielle

12 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

SO SO SO amazingly gorgeous.

Melonie said...

Beautiful pages Dani! I just ordered some of this line and now I can't wait to get it:) Kati is too adorable for words.

Sandra said...

You're just so amazingly creative - I love, love, love what you do.

Sandra said...

You're just so amazingly creative - I love, love, love what you do.

Dorrit said...

Oh wow I love those layouts with wonderful colors!

mustangkayla said...

What fabulous layouts! Love them!

Frances said...

These are great Danielle! Love all of the fun colors...and just perfect for your pics.

Lisa said...

Love these...so vivid and bright! Makes me think summer sunshine!

Kay said...

So fun, Danielle! I love these summery colors! I could seriously stare at your layouts forever. There is so much goodness! Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve! :o) ♥♥ Kay

BethW said...

Had to let you know that after seeing this post I just had to order this collection! I even have one of the yellow doilies in my stash already.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...as always :) I just wanted to share that I blogged about you. Had to share with everyone how fantastic you are. Have a wonderful Easter.

Anonymous said...

Saved ɑѕ a favorite, I love your blog!