Wednesday, May 18, 2011

a few more Papertrey Ink projects...

Hey there, just popping in for a second to share more projects made with the new stamps for this month at PTI! The first is a quick, simple card with the Road Trip set. I stamped the map (pardon my not-so-good stamping) onto gray cardstock. I ran it through my printer to create the red sentiment underneath, then made my own arrow from Crate Paper's Toy Box paper and a added a Toy Box brad.
I thought it would be fun to send a thank you to my parents after we visit, for all the work they do cooking meals, etc. for us.
STAMPS: Road Trip
INK: True Black
PAPER: Crate Paper - Toy Box
OTHER: Crate Paper - Toy Box brad
---------------------

Next up, another super quick card using the Toy Box line by Crate Paper again. I stamped "We're on the move" from the Road Trip stamp set to show that you could use these on your boy layouts or bicycle layouts this summer, not just on cards. My 5 year old is getting more interested in learning how to ride her bike lately, so I can't wait to use this saying on a layout.
STAMPS: Road Trip
INK: Pure Poppy
PAPER: Crate Paper - Toy Box
OTHER: Crate Paper - Toy Box brad and sticker, 
My Mind's Eye paper (red plaid)
--------------------
 
I saw these little place card hats a long, long time ago at Country Living and had them bookmarked to try. The Est. 1776 stamp set was perfect for this project! Here are the directions to fold them at Country Living: Paper Hat Place Cards.
I used paper from my printer to try out the folding, and it turns out that printer paper is the best paper to use because it is much thinner than patterned paper- it folds much easier the thinner it is. Old book paper would be great too. I cut the printer paper 8 x 8" and folded them up first, then stamped on them with Enchanted Evening (blue) ink and Pure Poppy (red) ink. 
The pins were poked into the top after adding the little flags to the pins. I taped the pins down on the inside of the paper hat, so they don't move around as much. You could put your family's names on the little banners if you'd like. (Text paper here is Pink Paislee - Parisian Anthology Divine Damask paper.)
I created little medallions for the front with Papertrey Ink's Enchanted Evening ribbon (blue) and felt (red one and teal one). I'll be honest and say these paper hats were a challenge for me! But they were certainly fun after I got the hang of it! :) It took a little practice.

STAMPS: Est. 1776
INK: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening
PAPER: text - Pink Paislee, white cardstock or printer paper
 OTHER: floral pins, Papertrey Ink felt, Enchanted Evening ribbon by 
Papertrey Ink, brads from my stash.
  ----------------------

On this card, I used the Est. 1776 stamp set again and stamped the stars and stripes and sayings at the top, then ran it through the Cuttlebug to emboss the stars in the empty space. I used the Measure by Measure embossing folder.
On the inside of the card, I tucked inside a stitched string of numbers. These were cut with By the Numbers dies and then sewed together in a string with my sewing machine. I wanted to add stars to my string afterwards to separate the numbers, so I just punched 2 stars and put them back to back on the string and adhered them together.
Wouldn't this be cute in a birthday card as well? (with the birth date of the recipient!)

STAMPS: Est. 1776
INK: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Hawaiian Shores
PAPER: white cardstock
DIES: By the Numbers
OTHER: Melissa Frances pearls, corner rounder, 
Cuttlebug embossing strip for stars.
-------------------

Have a good night and thank you so much for all of your kind emails and messages. 
Hugs,

18 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

these are all darling:)

Marlou McAlees said...

Totally cool projects, love them :)

Rhonda said...

So glad you posted the info about the hats!!!! These are wonderful projects.

kim c said...

well, now i have a new bookmark! love the placecards. i don't remember these from CL. i do a LOT of decorating and party planning for my employer who happens to have a very patriotic husband. thanks for this great inspiration.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Really like the Thank you card and the On the Move one too. Cute buttons! Thanks so much for the instructions for those adorable hat place cards!

Mindy Miller said...

Fabulous projects!

Anonymous said...

WOW what incrediable creations Dani!!!

Russ said...

Very cool ideas... My Daughter is into this... and I am going to show her

Maria Asmus said...

Great job!! It´s hard to decide on a favorite, but in the end I love the first road trip one the most!! :)

Heather Innusa said...

OMG! OMG! I want to say it again too - OMG! I love the two cards (A LOT) but these little place cards - WAY WAY WAY too cute!!!!!! The pins make them even more amazing! I also thank you for the tutorial link - I can't wait to give that a try! WOW, thanks for sharing these. I'm totally inspired... and drooling right now!

curlyqmosaics said...

These are all such wonderful creations/ideas! Your work is alwsys so fun to look at, and so inspiring! Thanks for always uplifting my creativity!

marianne-g said...

What a fantastic idea for the birthday banner enclosure!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh My Goooooodness! I just adore those little hats and the darling patriotic card. Too cute for words!

rhonda said...

My home is decorated in Americana style and I just love your cards!

Jan Garber said...

What a great post! The cards are so creative, and those hats are truly adorable!

Mary said...

Awesome post Danielle! I can't wait to expand your numerical chain (genius idea) into a 4th of July banner for the mantle of my parents' lakeside cottage, where we'll be spending the holiday.

Anonymous said...

Dani, I've been reading your blog for a while now, and I'm in awe of your creativity!! thank you for sharing it!!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Daniele !!!!!!what a great post! The cards are so creative, they look wonderful ...great ideas! Your work is alwsys so fun to look at!!!!!Your work inspiring me ! Thanks for share !!!
Have a nice weekend!!!
Kisses and hugs from Brazil
Cynthia