Friday, May 13, 2011

Fruit Fusion...

Hello, welcome to another Papertrey Ink blog post! Sorry for the delay...blogger was down for almost 24 hours and I just saw that it ate my post. Had to start over again. Anyway, we are showing the new FRUIT FUSION stamp sets today! These sets are only $5 and are so berry sweet. :)
I am featuring the FRUIT FUSION: BERRY set today and made a quick gift wrap. I used the new Edgers #3 die on the text paper and stitched it to my white cardstock before wrapping the gift. I punched a 2" circle from light green cardstock by Papertrey Ink and cut it in half. Make sure to do your stamping before wrapping the gift, so you have a nice flat surface to stamp on. (If you are wondering what's inside, it's a movie.) :)

Then I decided to create a little felt strawberry pincushion to hang on the package! I cut 2 shapes of Papertrey Ink felt, stitched on the front one with floss to create the seeds, then stitched them together and stuffed it with batting. I hot glued the stem and leaf on.
Here are some patterns you can try if you'd like to make one! Print them out on a half sheet of 8.5 x 11" paper. Sorry my strawberry is a bit wonky. If you fold it in half and then cut, you'll get an even strawberry on both sides.
And you have to have a "berry sweet" card to go with it! The strawberry also comes with a die, so I cut the shape, then stamped my strawberry with Pure Poppy and Ripe Avacado for the stem. The doilies are just from the baking section at the craft supply store.
A cute gingham flower by Maya Road tops off my berry.
Please stop over to the other gals' blogs to see ALL of the Fruit Fusion dies and stamps coming out on the 15th. There are apples and cherries, and grapes, and melons...oh my.
------------------------------
{Berry Sweet gift set and card}
  • STAMPS: Fruit Fusion: Berry
  • INK: Pure Poppy, Ripe Avacado, True Black
  • PAPER: white and green cardstock
  • DIES: Fruit Fusion: Berry, Edgers #3
  • OTHER: doilies, pins and flower by Maya Road, pearls by Melissa Frances, felt by Papertrey Ink, white embroidery floss.

13 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, great that Blogger is here again, I had also problems all day... But your post was worth the waiting! Sooo berry, berry cute that strawberry! I love it and the packaging is lovely and the card as well! Love what you made!
Hugs, Wendy

Cathy Weber said...

Worth the wait for this one Danielle. I love it. Thanks so much for the pattern. I think I might just have to try this one.

June K. said...

Your strawberry is darling. Thanks for the pattern.

Lisa Elton said...

These are so darling, I just love them! Worth that silly blogger problem wait too!

Unknown said...

Love your pin cushion and that card is amazing!!

Helen L said...

I'm sorry that blogger "ate" your post: that must have been sooo frustrating!! Your projects are so fun!! I love how you took off with the berry theme and made the pin cushion (and included the pattern! Thanks!!). You did such a lovely job and gave me a great idea (I sew and have a few sewing friends: they might be seeing pin cushions in their futures :-)

Anonymous said...

Danielle, love this!Again, you are so talented. Stephanie

Teresa Zuehls said...

Danielle, love, love your strawberry card and the pin cushion is super cute.

Gabby said...

Super cute stuffed strawberry to hang on your pkg. I do like your card as well. :)

Diane said...

"Berry Sweet"......cute diea, cute set..love it!!! Blogger ate my post, too...and then to top off the day, we had a storm and lost all power....

Elaine said...

Cute projects! Great idea for stitching the seeds!

Lynn said...

super sweet, love that strawberry!

Keshet said...

Just adorable, Danielle!