Tuesday, May 24, 2011

timeless treasures and another card sketch...

I'm back with the third card sketch for Skipping Stones Design this week - am having a lot of fun doing these sketches! Hope you like them too. Here is the third sketch:
And this is what I came up with. I used Skipping Stones Designs' Timeless Treasures stamp set and stamped it twice in the background with Jenni Bowlin's Chewing Gum ink pad. Then I stamped the little purple flowers with Skipping Stones Designs' Dandelion Dreams stamp set.
The little "thoughtful" mini flash card is a new item by Melissa Frances, as are the resin bird and pink flowers. The bird is lightly brushed with brown chalk, so the dimension would show a bit more. I made the flower with Melissa Frances creme crepe paper.
We'll have one more sketch next Tuesday. Stop over to Skipping Stones if you'd like to play along each week! Oh, and I need to choose a winner for last Tuesday's HEARTSONG stamp giveaway!

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
10
Timestamp: 2011-05-24 11:46:28 UTC

Karen said...
Great sketch; I love the stamping around the edges & I can't wait to give that bow a try!
May 17, 2011 10:58 AM

Congrats, Karen! Please contact me with your mailing address: dflanders71@hotmail.com. Thanks!

12 comments:

Larajc said...

lovely card!

~amy~ said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful...thanks for the fun sketch!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Congrats Karen! You lucky lady - Heartsong is such a pretty set! LOVE this Danielle! So soft and pretty! Those flowers match the ones in Dandelion Dreams PERFECTLY!!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! I love those embellishments. Thanks again the blog candy! I can't wait to create with that beautiful set of stamps!

Gladys said...

so sweet card! I LOVE all the details you add in!

Heather Innusa said...

Oh, this is beautiful!!! Just lovely! I got those pretty Kaiser flowers in my DT kit for last month. They’re so pretty and sweet! At 1st I didn’t know what the heck to do with them, but quickly figured something out (on a scrapbooking LO). I love you’re sketch too, I think I’ll have to give that a try! Thanks ;).

NoraAnne said...

This is gorgeous! I love the pink sprig and the flashcard!

Anonymous said...

just beautiful.

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Danielle! Love the tissue paper flower embellishment and the beautifully stamped background!

Barb Turpin said...

Wow! Heather is right, this card is amazing! Thanks for the fun sketch!

Scrappychick said...

This is just outstanding!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card. Lovely background!