Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Product pick...

Today I had "product pick" on the Pink Paislee blog, so I decided to feature the Daily Junque stamp set and show you a variety of ideas with this set.

There are so many things you can do with it, such as travel cards and scrapbook pages, days of the week pages, miss you cards, birthday cards...well, the possibilities are endless, really! Check out this gorgeous package. You get a TON of stamps!

My first card was inspired by the "top priority" saying and the numbers list. I stamped these two onto the Daily Junque - MAP patterned paper with red and blue ink. Don’t be afraid to stamp directly onto patterned paper! A patterned paper can add a lot more pizazz to your card than plain cardstock.
I added a balloon from the Daily Junque - Ephemera and some red cardstock stars that were punched with a Fiskars star punch. The red border is also a stamp from the Daily Junque stamps! I'll be using that one a lot today.
The "you" is cut from a Papertrey Ink die called Wonderful Words and is cut out of Soiree - Trellis paper.

Next, I made a "Miss You" card. I loved the little envelope in the stamp set, so I stamped it in red and cut it out, then tied it with Soiree Twine like a little package. I stamped the map twice onto the kraft paper and made a blue border - both with the Daily Junque stamps. The red check is a ribbon from my stash. The polkadot circle is a 2" circle punched from a Sweetness - Love Blooms paper. The resin stars are by Melissa Frances.
The third card I made is a little more colorful - great for a birthday. I stamped the border in different colors and used some alphabet stamps from my stash for the sentiment:  "it's your day". I was going to use the border lines as candles, but decided to turn them sideways and use them for journaling lines instead. You could certainly make candles out of them too! I stamped them onto white cardstock and cut them out, so I could rearrange them on my card as I was creating it.

The little yellow hearts are from the Sweetness Glitter Letters, and the teal paper is Daily Junque - Tickets paper.
And one more card today...

I couldn't resist using that little frame image in all different colors here...I used Papertrey Ink's Berry Sorbet (peach) and Hawaiian Shores ink (blue), and Jenni Bowlin's Lemon Drops ink (yellow). I used these same inks on the last card as well. Flower is Prima. I cut a piece of the Soiree - Wood Shapes and inked it up with Hawaiian Shores ink.

When I stamped the sentiment, I masked off the words as I went, so I could stamp one or two words in each box. On the inside, you could stamp, "it's your birthday".

I hope this gave you a little bit of card inspiration today. Which one is your favorite and why? :)

14 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Love them all, Dani! That stamp set is awesome!

Lynn said...

I love this stamp set. My fav stamp is that long border with the arrows. I love what you did with that frame on the last card! so sweet. thanks for sharing your fresh ideas!

Anonymous said...

I love them all and would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. I've never had a stamp set from Pink Paislee but I think that might just change in a hurry! What a versatile set!

Linda E said...

I had this set in my hand the other day at Scrapbook Expo and I put it down. Now I am kicking myself! Love how you got three different looks from the same set. They are all beautiful but the first card is my absolute favorite. I love all of the stamped layers!

Mel said...

They're all beautiful, but I love the top priority You card. This is a great set, I hadn't seen it yet, and now I WANT it!

Diana said...

Danielle- I recently purchased some products from this line. Haven't used much of it yet, so thanks for the beautiful ideas and inspiration!

Betsy V said...

Such sweet, SWEET cards, Danielle!! Love them!

Debra said...

The miss you card because of the ticket, the little miss you sentiment and the red gingham - I love red, it's so punchy!

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are all gorgeous, Danielle!! Love the colors that you use and my favorite today is the It's your day card! Love how you positioned all the items!!
Hugs, Wendy

Lisa Elton said...

Great stamp set! Just love your card with the balloon...pretty colors!!!

Elizabeth said...

You seriously rocked these stamps! I love each of your cards and all that is on each one to see!!!!!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
e.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Wonderful cards! I like all the elements of each. I narrowed it down to two favorites. The first one, Top Priority: love all the papers and images and their placement on this card. The other favorite is, It's Your Day: I learn from seeing what other do. And I like the idea of stamping the sentiment/words like you have on this card. Instead of trying to get the word to be 'exactly' straight, you have made it look so good at angles. Perfect!

Andrea Amu said...

Ohhh wow! I seriously love how you used that stamp set! Amazing work as usual!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!

beautiful card!

Team Craftwell
blog.craftwellusa.com