Tuesday, October 18, 2011

bright and fun...

Who couldn't use some cheering up today?

Thought I'd get away from holiday projects and share a fun birthday card. I'd love to give a shout out too, to my very good friend Shonna who just had a birthday! Love ya!!


I used Papertrey Ink's new Flower Fusion #9 to stamp the flowers in the background (wouldn't they be fun as fireworks for the 4th of July as well?).
I added 2 circles punched out of Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer paper, then made my own doily banner by folding circles over the twine. I added some paper doilies over the text paper circles. Notice the sheet music.. goes well with the sentiment! Wishing you ALL a happy day too!

Happy Birthday to You card:
Stamps: Flower Fusion #9 by Papertrey Ink
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, True Black by PTI
Paper: Aqua Mist cardstock by PTI, vintage book paper,
Hometown Summer by Pink Paislee (red)
Dies/punches: circle punch
Other: SEI burlap ribbon, Twinery twine, Melissa Frances pearls, 
doilies from baking section in craft supply store.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Danielle! Love ya, too!~Shonna

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is too cute! I really am drawn to the color palette and I love the way you repeated the sentiments! Happy birthday to Shonna! She's so lucky to get one of your cards!

Jennifer said...

SUPER CUTE!! Love all the great colors!! (=

Jytte said...

Cute birthday card - just love the colours :o)

Leigh Penner said...

This is bright and fun, Danielle! I love the design and how you repeatedly stamped the sentiment! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Chris Scrap said...

et tellement pleine de pep's !!!

Wahkuna said...

That's a great banner idea! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I love how you styled this photo Danielle (and the card is pretty adorable too!)

Cris Cunningham said...

How beautiful! I LOVE the colors you used and how you staged the photo with the lolipops. Awesome!

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the way you did the circle banner and added the sentiment 3 times!