Wednesday, October 26, 2011

text-style...

Just for fun today, I thought I would share some projects with you made with text paper! Whether it's vintage book paper or paper that is current, but made to look vintage...I am loving it!

Text paper makes a great backdrop for colorful accents, like the Tranquility Trilogy banner I made here. Also great for stamping on, like the sentiment, which is from Think Big Favorites #4.

-------------

I've used text paper again here again for another backdrop for a colorful accent.
I cut two of these gift bags Favor It Box #1, one from cardstock and one from vintage book paper, then layered them.

These cute lollipops were found at Dollar Tree, love that they have clear wrappers, so you can see all of the fun colors! The little tag is stamped with Sweet As Can Be. The chipboard lolly is from Crate Paper.

 --------------

These are Echo Park papers, Dots & Stripes - but one of them, the text paper, is actually a Christmas paper from the Season's Greetings line. I used a 2" square punch to cut out squares that had toys, dolls and vintage images on them that weren't alltogether Christmas-ey, and used them on a page about how I love to make baby quilts for friends.

I added some stickers and a star stamp from the Simple Circles stamp set by Papertrey Ink. Stars seem to go with anything, don't they!
Of course, I had to add stitching to give the layout a "quilted" feel. Hope you enjoyed these ideas and ways you can use TEXT paper on your next project!

8 comments:

Julia said...

Amazing projects :D I love each of them :D

Mandy said...

these projects are to die for, you are such an inspiration, love what you do with paper! :)

Katherine said...

Great projects, gorgeous colours and papers - I love the vintage look.

Cathy Harper said...

love the layout..love the quilt..beautiful..as always!

Andrea Amu said...

Lovely work with the text and newsprint patterns! I esp. love to see stamping onto patterned paper so I love that banner you created for your card!

Blossom inch said...

awesome projects!

babar said...

Impressive work done on all projects.
loyalty cards printing
PVC cards

Marybeth said...

Beautiful, I needed a new idea for the tranquility trilogy stamp set. The banner is a great idea!