Monday, October 3, 2011

pink dreams...

Sending a big thank you to everyone who participated in the card challenges at Pink Paislee this weekend! xo

I made this page last December upon request from a Russian magazine called Scrap Info. It's fun seeing your work in foreign magazines, although I can't read a lick of it. :) This came out about a month or two ago, and I forgot to post...
When Kati was three, we were shopping one day at the mall and she saw these pink Mary Janes at Old Navy. She begged us for them! The little bow on the front had her sold. :) So...the little pink Mary Janes came home with us that day, and Kati slept with them in her bed that night. She laid them right next to her pillow. She even dreamed about them! lol



I made these little pink flowers myself from felt and added some twine loops and hand cut leaves. I cropped the main picture down to show off the shoes and printed it larger. Placing the flowers across the page really draws your eye down the page and over the pictures.
I am off to clean up my craft space - it looks like a tornado hit it - and I have ideas, but can't play with it being such a mess!! There isn't one little spot open on my desk! Have a good day. xo

9 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous layout ♥

Leigh Penner said...

How cool to have your layout in a Russian magazine! And I can see why they chose it--- it's wonderful!

Evgenia Petzer said...

Thank you once again for creating for us)

Kathy Martin said...

Darling page! Love your flowers!

Cindy Tobey said...

Such a fun memory to scrap! Love it, and the shoes. (I have a soft spot for Mary Janes myself...I won't share how many pairs I own! LOL!) Awesome felt flowers by the way!

Sasha Farina said...

three and already dreaming about shoes eh? so so cute!

Sarale said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the cutest layouts I've seen. It's clear she really likes her shoes. Thanks for sharing.

Dorothy C.

Veena said...

Colorful and lovely design this could be unforgettable moment of your sweet baby girl