Thursday, October 6, 2011

jolly treats...

Thought I'd pop in and show you some little treat bags made with the Echo Park Season's Greetings line! I still can't get enough of this line. It's just so cute! Wouldn't you agree?
To create these, I just sewed paper together to form the pockets, then inserted a glassine bag inside. To create the shredded paper, I cut little strips and folded them back and forth. I don't have a shredder, so I just cut and folded a bunch at a time! You don't have to be precise with them at all. Slice them with your paper cutter (12"), cut them in half so you have smaller pieces to work with, then grab a bunch and fold them all at the same time. Insert some of these with a few pieces of candy.

These are all papers, brads and stickers from the line! Ribbon is from my stash and the glassine bags are by Papertrey Ink. These went so fast, I can't wait to make them for the kids in my girls' classrooms this holiday!



37 comments:

Sarale said...

Beautiful idea!

Hope and Chances said...

Gorgeous, makes me feel festive and happy!

June K. said...

SO SO pretty.

Laurie said...

Those bags are adorable! Love the paper too =)

Debbie said...

These are so simple and sweet ... TFS!!!

Mindy Miller said...

These are fantastic! Love the idea.

BethW said...

Adorable-seeing these made me smile,thank you!

April Derrick said...

ohhh - these are super cute!! lovely idea!

Dri Noleto said...

Wonderful!These collection is perfect and in your hands...Your talent is amazing!
Cheers1

~amy~ said...

♥ them!

NatalyaShuk said...

Beautiful! :)

Ветерок-Natali said...

Cheerful and festive!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

I will definately try this! Thanks for sharing....

Renee V said...

Great design! These are beautiful, would love to make them someday for my daughter's classroom!!! (If I can ever figure out this dang sewing machine!!) TFS

Jennifer Beason said...

These really are jolly! Lovely idea, Dani!!!

Leigh Penner said...

So fun! I just ordered these glassine bags from PTI-- thanks for the fabulous idea on how to use them!

Sharon Huffman said...

What great bright colors! I love these!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG. these are adorable! LOVE them all. Hugs.

Melonie said...

Super cute Dani!

Becky Elliott said...

I love these, Danielle! They are sweet and beautiful! Love all your work!

Anonymous said...

So festive and cute!!!

Trine Brandt-Lassen said...

So simple, yet fantasticly Beautiful

Anonymous said...

hi Danielle,
the bags are sooo pretty :-) i like them :-)
grettings from germany
Kerstin

Anonymous said...

ups... i mean greatings :-)

Anonymous said...

ok, nr. 3 : the word is greetings :-)
oh no, i should not write in english *lol*

Patricia said...

gorgeous!

Wahkuna said...

Very, very cute and festive! I really like them a lot!

hassam said...

Gorgeous, makes me feel festive and happy!

Lisa Dorsey said...

Absolutely stunning Danielle!

Erica said...

What a great idea! Perfect for gift cards and little trinkets. I'll be making some of these!

elina said...

Very cute line!!! Cannot stop looking at them!

Elizabeth said...

Those are so cute Danielle! So fresh, yet country too! I love them!
e.

Roberta said...

Such cute treat bags!

Gabby said...

Fabulous bags! love your designs and oh my, those papers and embellishments! :)

BeanBugCrafts said...

Beautiful! I was curious what size of glassine bag you used? I can't wait to try and make some of these! Thanks!

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi BeanBug, these bags are about 6" high and are the medium glassine bags by Papertrey Ink. Here is a link for you: http://www.papertreyink.com/pack_bags.html

Thanks!
Danielle

Jo Ann said...

I used my crimper to fold the shredding.