Saturday, October 15, 2011

cards on the 15th...

I love the 15th, because that is when I get to share my Papertrey Ink projects for this month! I think I've done 18 things this month! Grab a hot pumpkin spice latte and sit for a spell! (I promise I won't make you sit for 18 projects! LOL)

On these first cards, I really wanted to create a "wreath" shape, so I used the Tranquility Trilogy triangles and stamped them in a circular pattern, then cut around the triangles to create a shaped card. I stamped the saying on another piece of cardstock to create a border and placed it across my card.

LOVE the fonts in the new Tag-its #9 stamp set (be merry)!
I added some felt holly and berries from the Holly Jolly die collection from last month.
  Be Merry card set:
Stamps: NEW Tag-its #9, Tranquility Trilogy
Ink: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy
Paper: white cardstock
Dies/punches: Holly Jolly die collection (holly leaves and berries)
Other: Twinery twine, snowflake by Target, Melissa Frances pearl, PTI felt.
--------------

On this one, I used a triangle from Tranquility Trilogy as a tree! I used the holly from the Tag-its #9 under the large saying.
I felt like the right edge needed a little something...so I trimmed the edge with a Fiskars punch and stamped the inside edge of the card with "be merry".
The little tree trunk is simply a piece of burlap ribbon.

Holiday Wishes card:
Stamps: NEW Tag-its #9, Candy Cane Christmas (stripe), Tranquility Trilogy,
NEW Think Big Favorites #9
Ink: Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Smokey Shadow, Ripe Avocado by PTI, 
Chewing Gum (pink) by Jenni Bowlin
Paper: white cardstock
Dies/punches: Fiskars edge punch
Other: Papertrey Ink button, Twinery twine, Melissa Frances pearls (white), 
Jenni Bowlin pearl (red), burlap ribbon for trunk of tree by SEI
--------------

The circle from Tag-its #9 fits perfectly in the Damask Snowflakes dies from last month's release! I trimmed around it with scalloped scissors and placed it on a felt snowflake. I love browns, reds and greens...one of my favorite color combos.
I added some little felt berries from the Holly Jolly dies from last month also.
 Merry Holiday card:
Stamps: Tag-its #9
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy
Paper: white cardstock, polkadot - Dots & Stripes by Echo Park
Dies/punches: Damask Snowflake dies by PTI, Holly Jolly dies by PTI, scalloped scissors
Other: felt by PTI, seam binding ribbon, sewing machine, pin.
-------------

This card was super simple...I was inspired by packages wrapped with pretty stitched banners like this one. So I cut some doily pieces out of a paper doily, added some punched stars and stitched them all together, then adhered the strip to my card.
The reds and purples are so cute together.
Peace Love Joy card:
Stamps: Think Big Favorites #9
Ink: Lavender Moon
Paper: white and red cardstock, Candy Cane Prints paper (red stripe)
Dies/punches: corner rounder, star punch
Other: doily, sewing machine.
--------------

Here I made little windows for the snowflakes to peek through and added lots of layers of paper. I punched the snowflakes out of Studio Calico paper and backed it with white paper. "Holiday" is cut with the new Wonderful Words: Holiday dies.
Some pom pom trim adds softness...

Holiday Joy & Love card:
Stamps: Wonderful Words: Holiday
Ink: True Black
Paper: Studio Calico (green, blue and purple) and October Afternoon (brown)
Dies/punches: snowflake punch by Martha Stewart and square punch
Other: Pom pom trim and tinsel by Melissa Frances, Autumn Rose button by PTI.
----------------

On this card, I've cut the poinsettia out with the new Christmas Poinsettia dies with Autumn Rose felt and stamped with a Christmas Poinsettia saying.

Merry Christmas to You and Yours card:
Stamps: Christmas Poinsettia
Ink: True Black
Paper: Crate Paper (pink, gray and black), October Afternoon (brown), 
Studio Calico - Memoir (purple and text)
Dies/punches: star punch, Christmas Poinsettia dies
Other: SEI ribbon, Autumn Rose felt by PTI, Melissa Frances pearl, floral pin. 
 -------------

The last project I'll share with you today is an embroidery hoop that I backed with some Papertrey Ink papers and used the cute new Shape-Up Series: Snowman dies and stamps to create this little guy! I cut his body and arms from Studio Calico paper, stamped his face and hat, and added glitter to make him extra charming. :)
To create the large Chevron stripe across the center, I used the same technique I showed on this card awhile back.
Peace Snowman Wall Hanging:
Stamps: Shape-Up Series: Snowman
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate
Paper: Papertrey Ink Funky Town paper (stripe), October Afternoon (brown), 
Studio Calico - Autumn Press (blue snowflakes)
Dies/punches: Shape-Up Series: Snowman dies, Wonderful Words: Holiday, 
snowflake punch by Martha Stewart
Other: Melissa Frances pom pom trim, tinsel and resin swirl, Papertrey Ink felt, embroidery hoop.

What do you think? Lots of fun new things coming out this month! I will share more projects soon. You can visit my October Papertrey Ink gallery to see more and view full supply lists.

14 comments:

Nowalinka said...

Fantastic and really warm cards :)

claudia shadler said...

wowza Danielle, I'd better get one of those cards for xmas, hehe. Lovely cards, amazing embellies and luv luv the brown snowflake!

Hugs,
C :)

Kate Yetter said...

Your cards are always fabulous! Love the colors and patterns you put together. Your blog is named perfectly.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous projects, Dani, each and every one of them! I especially love how you used the Tranquility Trilogy set for Christmas-- brillant!

Kimberly said...

Super GORGEOUS Inspirational cards you've created here! xx
Loves,
K

Dorothy C. said...

All I can say is - WOW!

hey anny! said...

I love your wonderful work!


(sorry, i dont speak english)

famillemarleau said...

Your cards are so beautiful. Love them. I think you're very talented. Thanks for sharing, Johanne L.

Sandy in Epping said...

Danielle, these are truly inspirational and next time the PTI-ers from NE get together we do hope that you will be able to join in.
Your colors and designs are just the look I have been in mind of for my cards this year.
thanksk for the motivation to get going.
Beautiful!

Annheidel said...

Cute projects! Such clever uses of Triangle Tranquility and Tag-Its 9. I adore the snowman!

BethW said...

You're incredible!These are all so beautiful-and happy.It would take me all year to make this many delightful creations-you must be really disciplined and focused.

danielle said...

omg, just found your blog via 2 Peas, you're uber talented and I love these cards!

Cris Cunningham said...

These are the prettiest Christmas cards I have ever seen! I am in awe of your talent Danielle -- can't tell you how much I enjoyed this post! Really lifted my spirits and has me so excited for the holidays. xo

Unknown said...

Another new card pattern seen in here ,looks so simple but brilliant work........
print membership cards
Pvc cards