Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In the Meadow...

...we can build a snowman!
The Papertrey Ink girls are back with a group blog post showcasing a new stamp set and dies called In the Meadow.
I chose to work with the snowman image (because he's so adorable!) and die cut him out with the In the Meadow Silhouettes dies with Studio Calico - Memoir paper. I started this page out with an idea of using the snowman as the "O" in the word SNOW, which would work great on a card too! I popped him up with dimensional adhesive so he would show up nicely in the title work. I'm in love with this new paper line I used here by Pink Paislee called Snow Day.
The little pom poms remind me of soft, fluffy snowballs, so I had to add a few to my projects this month!

I used a new die called In the Meadow (set of 2 dies) for the swooshie shape at the top and some older Pink Paislee alphas (still my FAVorite alphas ever!) ...
Now if you are scared of stamping on your layouts, try stamping on another piece and adding it to your page, like the snowflake border I did here...
When you have a layout that has many layers to it, you can add stamping very easy to your page without "messing up". Try stamping on one of the layers, move it around on your page to see where you might like it. This was one version of my layout when I was moving everything around... you can see the stamped image looks cute on the left side too!
Did I mention I'm very indecisive!? lol
Well, anyway...these stamps are beautiful no matter where you put them on layouts too, not just cards!


Let It Snow layout:
Stamps: In the Meadow
Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow
Paper: Snow Day by Pink Paislee, Memoir by Studio Calico (text on snowman), October Afternoon (brown), Hawaiian Shores cardstock by PTI
Dies/punches: In the Meadow and In the Meadow Silhouettes by PTI, 
Himalayan Snowflake by Martha Stewart
Other: Pebbles brad, Pink Paislee twine and alphas, 
snowflakes by Target (holiday table scatter).

Hope you enjoyed seeing this stamp set on a scrapbook page! In the Meadow will be available on the 15th at www.papertreyink.com. Please visit the other girls to see the other images in this set and what they've done with them:

14 comments:

Suzie said...

Love your festive layout! I really like your creative use of *frosty*. ;) Thanks for the inspiration.

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous layout! I love the sweet details and the colors!

Gabby said...

Very neat photo card! Love the layout and pics. :)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous layout! I love all the details, and the Pink Paislee papers are a must have!

Holly Saveur said...

Gorgeous such a happy feeling about it!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful layouts, Dani! I love what you created with the PTI goodies! (& those are my favourite alphas ever, too!)

Heather said...

This is entirely beautiful!!!

richardbreaks said...

Fantastic job. The ball fringe is PERFECT!!!

Roberta said...

Very bright, colorful and happy-looking!!

Cindy Tobey said...

Gorgeous layout Danielle! Love the design and colors!

Diane Jaquay said...

LOVE how you incorporated this set into your layout, GREAT WORK!!!

Helen L said...

Great layout, and I really love the snowman for the "O"!!

Kimberly said...

Just GORGEOUS! I LOVE it...perfect colors and design! xx
Loves,
K

Kim J. said...

Super cool layout, Danielle! I just love the title treatment with the snowman and the pompom trim. :)