Wednesday, October 19, 2011

more Christmas creations...

I have a few more Papertrey Ink projects to share with you today from this month's release. First, is a fun bag made from the new Front & Center die. I cut two of them for a front and a back, and then sandwiched a brown lunch bag in between. (I probably should have used white, but didn't have any on hand.)
To decorate the front, I stamped with the new Winterberry stamp set. I added a felt word cut with the new Wonderful Words: Holiday die. The seam binding was sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Vintage Pink, I think it was called) and then I punched some stars to dangle off of the ends of the ribbon!
Happy Holiday Gift Bag:
Stamps: Winterberry and Tremendous Treats: Christmas (happy)
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black, Chewing Gum by JBS
Paper: Snow Day by Pink Paislee, white cardstock, stars are Studio Calico paper
Dies: Wonderful Words: Holiday and Front & Center #1 (bag)
Other: felt by PTI, Pure Poppy buttons, seam binding. 
-------------

Next, I have decorated a wine bottle with the new Wine Bottle Tag die by Papertrey Ink, a quick way to dress up a hostess gift.
I cut the wine bottle die using PTI's new Candy Cane Prints paper, then stamped onto Aqua Mist cardstock with Tremendous Treats: Christmas stamp set. I didn't have any Copics to color in the stamped image, so I thought...why not fill in the little leaves with felt. I cut a few little raindrop shapes to fill in the images and added some glitter.


Merry Christmas Wine Bottle Tag:
Stamps: Tremendous Treats: Christmas
Ink: Ripe Avocado, True Black
Paper: Candy Cane Prints, Aqua Mist cardstock, red polkadot by Studio Calico
Dies: Tag Sale #5, Wine Bottle Tag
Other: Papertrey Ink felt, SEI ribbon, floral pin, blue gem, glitter.
------------

Papertrey Ink also came out with two nativity stamp sets this month, so I'll share a couple of things made with those. Here I've used the Gift Card Greetings die to cut two gift card shapes for a little coordinating pair.
I made one vertically and one horizontally to show that you can use it either way. You can punch this out of plain cardstock and dress it up, or punch it out of patterned paper. There is a slot inside to hold the gift card, sorry I forgot to get a picture of that!

Star of Wonder Gift Card set:
Stamps: Star of Wonder, In the Meadow (snowflakes)
Ink: Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate, True Black
Paper: Studio Calico (text and blue on snowflakes), kraft cardstock by PTI, October Afternoon (polkadot)
Dies: Gift Card Greetings
Other: resin by Melissa Frances, white ribbon, PTI twine.
-------------

This card was made with the Nativity Silhouettes. I stamped and embossed the angel and popped her up with dimensional adhesive.
The frame is cut with a Sizzix die.
O Holy Night card:
Stamps: Nativity Silhouettes
Ink: True Black, Fresh Snow
Paper: Crate Paper
Dies: Sizzix frame
Other: Prima flower, embossing powder, kraft paper, Maya Road star pin, 
Jenni Bowlin pearl sticker.
-----------

Last, but not least...a card with Nativity Sillhouettes Additions. This one was the toughest for me. It didn't really turn out how I wanted it to, but hopefully you can get something inspirational out of it! lol I used a gray ink by Jenni Bowlin called Weather Vane. The Crate Paper background sort of resisted the ink. I cut a sticker apart and used half.
Follow the Glory card:
Stamps: Nativity Silhouettes, Nativity Silhouettes Additions
Ink: True Black, Weather Vane by JBS (gray for silhouettes)
Paper: Crate Paper, kraft paper
Dies: none
Other: lace, misc button, star punch, Crate Paper sticker.
-----------

All of these stamps and dies can be found at PapertreyInk.com on the main page. Thanks so much for reading. I'll be back tomorrow with more!

16 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Oh yummi!! That's a lot of gorgeous projects ♥♥

Jennifer said...

FABULOUS creations!!! (=

Linda Zelaya said...

this are inspired. loved how you toned down the muchiness and really accented everything to perfection! Perfect!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous work, Dani! I acutally like the kraft coloured lunchbag you used for your gift bag-- it looks great!

cornellgj said...

Wow, Dani! You knocked it out of the park this month! Just beautiful, gorgeous projects! Love them all! It's easy to be inspired by Christmas goodies, isn't it?! :)

Karey said...

Love what you did with the front and center die and the 2 kraft cards. Beauuuuuuuutiful.

Marlou McAlees said...

all amazing!! I couldn't start to pick a favourite Danielle :) beautiful work :) x

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Your cards are awesome!!!!

Mel said...

WOW Dani!! I am LOVING all of your Christmas projects:) FANTASTIC!

Blessings from Cindy said...

You do lovely scrapbooking projects! The O Holy Night with the angel is my fav! I found you while looking up bottle brush trees, of all things. I have a giveaway on my blog for My Memories Scrapbooking software & thought you might want to enter. Stop by if you'd like!
Blessings,
Cindy

Renee V said...

Oh so beautiful!!! Very inspirational, tfs!

Steffie said...

Oh wonderful projects!

I scraplifted so layout from you, but I can´t remember which one.
http://steffieshexenhaus.blogspot.com/2011/10/schnipselei.html

Thank you for your inspirations!
Best wishes from Germany!
Steffie

Cris Cunningham said...

Beautiful projects Danielle!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are ALL so beautiful!!!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear Dani,
You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Suz said...

Love the bag so much!
Fondly,
Suz