Sunday, September 19, 2010

get the mojo flowing...

Do you ever sit down to scrap and then you just can't get anything to flow? That happened to me last night. So I decided to just have fun and make a quick card. Not for anyone in particular, just to get the mojo flowing! I sat and cut, punched and layered, and this is what I made:
I was going to make a little "rainbow" of colors and find little bits and pieces of papers and ribbons and lay them out like a rainbow. But when I got started on it, I decided I really loved the kraft color of the chipboard, so I let it be! (This border chipboard is actually a 12 x 12" strip that I cut it down to fit my card. It's made by Dusty Attic and you can find it HERE - Fancy Trim #2.)
Then I remembered I had bought this American Crafts ribbon awhile back at AC Moore and never used it, so I just cut some strips to add for the sentiment. Sorry for the bad photos, I took these last night under flourescent lights. :) I've been seeing lots of pages with "strips" of different colors/patterns and love that look, so I wanted to try it out. Made the photo corners myself with some Girls Paperie paper.

It's very overcast and looks like it's going to rain today. I started feeling sick last week with a headache and body aches. Today I feel the worst so far, with a sore throat and very stuffy sinuses on top of the headaches and body aches. Now I know why the mojo wasn't flowing last night! Kati stayed home on Friday from school with it and now we are all sick with it here. I hope these nasty bugs go away soon! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. xo

Supplies: kraft cardstock, background paper - Parisian Anthology Fancy Filigree by Pink Paislee, chipboard - Fancy Trim #2 by Dusty Attic, red grosgrain ribbon- Morex, yellow ribbon- Fancy Pants, blue paper - October Afternoon, photo corners cut from Girls Paperie paper, thank you ribbon - Am Crafts, heart - Love Me Do die cuts by My Mind's Eye, machine stitching.

13 comments:

Melonie said...

We've got the back to school sickies here too. I can't believe how quickly that happens. Feel better all:)
Oh and of course it goes without saying that I LOVE your card.

Jocelyn said...

Oh Danielle....I hope you are feeling better.....Everyone her is also sick...back to school and now look at us!!!!

Love the card......it is adorable and the layering is awesome!!

Feel better soon!!!

J

Ines said...

All the best from the other side of the ocean. We just got through 8 weeks of sickness and caughing (is that right written?). Send you lots of engery.

Love your latest work.

Greetings from ines, hoergis-design

jen said...

I swear Hadley was sick the day she started school...ACK! Trying to fight it off with extra vit. D & emergen-C... I SO hope your whole house feels better right away!
LOVE this card too- your getting your mojo back puts most of us to shame!! *wink*

Anonymous said...

I love it! I've just ventured into scrapbooking and I'm sticking to mini-albums right now. I'm a little intimidated by the big pages. . .maybe a little card might do me some good.

Icky sickies. . .hope you guys feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

LOVE the layers and border punches!! Super CUTE!!! (=

Shirley said...

I'm going to check out that cute chipboard! Very fun card and love how you used the ribbon. Hope your family starts feeling better real soon!

Blossom inch said...

Nicely done...

Keshet said...

This is adorable! Hope you're feeling better!

Elizabeth said...

Feel better soon!
e.

Jennifer Yates said...

oh no! I hope you feel better soon...I too had sinus/headache issues this weekend! Once school starts all the germs come home too! Love the card...chipboard is a perfect touch! :))

Diana Waite said...

OH, I sure hope you get better soon! Great card--thanks for letting me know I'm not the ONLY one that struggles with creator's block!

Kay said...

Wow, you created this beauty without your mojo?!! Once again you amaze me with your talent! The colors you picked are wonderful together and that little heart adds so much dimension. Love the layers and textures, too! I hope you and your family are feeling much better by now. Take good care of yourself, Danielle! ♥♥ Kay